Wad Gun - compensated or not

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bullseyeny

Post by bullseyeny »

Good question on 22 scores. averaging 280-285 on short line. Tried a comped 45 wad gun this past week was able to do pretty well. Far better than my noncomp gun with reduced spring and load.
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

no offense but 285 with a 22 definitely means you just need to practice more and not look for a crutch on the 45. You can comp your 45 and it won't bring that 22 score up one bit. Practice will bring up all your scores.

Think about the thousands of men and women that have made HM before you without a comp. If they can do it, you can too and if you don't believe that you have defeated yourself before the first shot. Ask a few Master class shooters in your area and see what they say, don't be offended if they just shake their head.

Shoot some air pistol on regulation air targets, no recoil right. Find out what it takes for you to consistently shoot 10's first because even if you have a comp if you point the pistol in the nine ring even with perfect trigger control you will get nines every time. If you point a comp'd 45 in the ten ring but jerk the trigger you will never shoot 10's!
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Another shooter asked about the comp on a .45 wadgun, I simply said that it could work you just need to iron the kinks out. Aparently there are too many people that have seen other comp's fail in bullseye and think it impossible, small minds I say...

but that you mention it I am planning a wadgun build, I'll try to make a comp that is compatible with .45 bullseye ammo, and test it compared to a non comped gun on my ransom rest, accuracy at 50yds too.

And since it was asked usually my .22 scores run 860 when I'm not shooting every week. 881 has been my best. I've been shooting BE for just over 3 years, not 30+ like Govt Model.

Thank you all for your concerns and comments, this is not my thread, so I will bow out of this one.....