morini cm162mi leaking air?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
HOMER

morini cm162mi leaking air?

Post by HOMER »

I have just got a morini cm162 air pistol, over a couple of days the cylinder has lost all pressure, i filled it again and left it off the pistol and same thing has happened. does this mean i need a new cylinder or is there a simple fix for it? pistol is second hand so dont know what has been done it is about 9 years old from what i understand. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
David M

Post by David M »

Some of the older Morini cylinders leak out the pressure gauge.
You need to find out which end is leaking.
The O ring seals on the end caps and fill vavle can be easily replaced.
If it is the gauge leaking, it will need to be replaced.
yana

Post by yana »

Wether its easy or not depends on how old yr morini is. The first series had no gauge and a non-removable cilinder.
The new one's have a gauge and detachable cilinder and are easy to service. In thát case, probably a worn cilinder seal.
Might wanna consider giving it a total overhaul though. All seals on the pistol are the same age.
HOMER

cylinder for morini cm162mi

Post by HOMER »

it does have a gauge on it and i would be quite happy to try replacing seals, is there a strip down guide for these by any chance. I tried the tools that came with it but cant find any that get a grip on anything, couple of holes in rear end of cylinder and thought it might be allen screw in there but no luck with that, would rather be able to do the work myself if possible
Bob LeDoux

Post by Bob LeDoux »

My Morini 162EI suffered from a cracked frame that caused a leak. I was told it may have been due to dropping the gun.

This was discovered after I sold the pistol. Pilkguns repaired the pistol. Morini replaced the frame at no cost to the buyer, or myself. I was the original owner.

I have since heard, but have not verified, that I was not the only owner with a cracked frame.

The support by the Morini factory is exceptional.
HOMER

cylinder for morini cm162mi

Post by HOMER »

does the manometer simply unscrew or is there a fixing somewhere, i dont want to take a guess on this and really make things worse
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You're dealing with a high pressure vessel, 3000 psi, I really suggest that if you don't know exactly what you're doing send it to someone who does. I'd hate to see you try to refill it after working on it and have it blow up in your face or worse, someone else's.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Message me I'm the official Morini Agent for Channel Islands, UK and I have the parts in stock.