A made in USA 3-P rimfire masterpiece

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

sbrmike

A made in USA 3-P rimfire masterpiece

Post by sbrmike »

I visited 10X Custom Rifles in DuBois, PA today. That is a first class operation. They are very innovative and flexible to expand their product line.

http://www.10xcustomrifles.com/index.html
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

Ha Ha thief...

so im not the only one that bounces around between rimfire central and here
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Their smallbore match rifle looks like it uses Anschutz cheek piece hardware, and definitely an ESP butt plate assembly. Wonder what one of them runs?
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

I just ordered one it was $2095 without sights. I talked to him on the phone and he says they are there own butt-plate not ESP, that's what I thought to. I ordered mine for the Made in America match at Camp Perry. The BR guys love there action. so we shall see suppose to get it at the end of March.

Doug
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

thats a great price,
Any idea what barrel they are using?

they look like an excellent rifle if i could i would love to fire one of these just to see. but i spent too much on my other rifles.

the funny thing is i spent many countless hours looking for an american made rifle to start off my smallbore career thats why i tried savage "canadian" had a bad experience so i sold it off, looked for some winchester's and remingtons to use, i also built/assembeled a custom ruger 10/22.

now i use an anschutz 54 and i dont think i could be happier, but if i had seen these prior to all my research i have no doubt that i would have bought one.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Heart barrels.
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

well there better be a range report, and i prefer videos ;)
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Like most gun builders they say one date, and then there is the day you actually get it.LOL but I will do a in depth review on this rifle when I get it.
Being a toolmaker in the USA I really want this thing to shoot like my 2013/2018

Doug
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Definitely keep us posted. Local boys are trying to get a smallbore program put together from the current junior sporter shooters, and those are a great alternative to the twice the price European rifles.
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

They make the buttplates and hooks in house. They are not made by ESP. The guns are made in house on 2 CNC machines. They use Hart barrels, Jewell single stage triggers, and an Ohio made 2-stage trigger with 2.1ms locktime.

There were plenty of parts in various stages of finish on benches. I think you can trust the lead time you are given.

The position rifles that I handled felt good and pointed well; the bolts were smooth as silk.

The BR actions have different loading port location options. They even have a very short rimfire action. I was given a good tour; they have much more going on than is on the website. As I said earlier, they are innovative and flexible; responsive may be a better word.
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

OK, I picked up my one Anschutz from getting pillar bedded and dropped off another.

The 2-stage triggers are from Extreme. I tried one and it was better than a 5018! Another big plus is this action can take Dry Firing as is.

There was at least 20 actions laid out for assembly. They said they were all sold as were the next 100. They try hard to complete orders in 90 days.
Whitefeather59

Post by Whitefeather59 »

SBRMIKE, What did the bedding job run you?? How long was the turn around time?
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

1 week, the prices are on the web page. Very reasonable. They also make cleaning jags and matched patches.