Gun Insurance - The Hartford - A true Story, really!!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

orionshooter

Gun Insurance - The Hartford - A true Story, really!!

Post by orionshooter »

The following conversation took place yesterday between myself and a sales representative for The Hartford which administers auto and homeowner’s insurance for AARP members. I had called to compare my present rates against theirs. After hearing how much I could save on my auto policy, the conversation shifted to my homeowner’s insurance. Before asking for a final rate quote, I asked him to include a firearms endorsement. Here’s how the rest of the conversation went:

H: Let me check on that for you sir. (pause) . Yes we do insure firearms. Can you tell me if you have removed the firing pins?

Me: Pardon?

H: The firing pins - have you removed them?

Me: No but can you tell me why that would affect their insurability or potential for loss?

H: Let me check (pause) Well, if you have the firing pins in them it would mean that you are more likely to use them for example skeet or trap shooting on weekends, hunting trips and things like that.

Me: Oh yes yes I see your point. May I ask if I will also have to remove the transmissions from my cars as a condition of insuring them with you?

H: (Laughing) No of course not. The firing pin thing only applies to guns. Removing them means you are less likely to use them

Me: Wow..... I sure am glad I'm not buying life insurance from The Hartford.

If any of you have separate endorsements for your firearms insured through the Hartford – beware. If not, enjoy a good laugh.
GCSInc.

Insurance

Post by GCSInc. »

If You're elegable, try your local County "Farm Bureau" they are all "Gun Friendly".
peterz

Post by peterz »

USAA probably is too...