Friday morning moan - advice and help please

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

At one point I moved from a P34 long to a P34 compact, and found it more comfortable, as did Kevin. I also found using a compact cylinder on both Steyr and Feinwerkbau in place of the long felt better than the longer/ more front heavy cylinders.
Also, shortening the distance between front and rear sights felt more stable and reassuring .
However, buying a compact fixes everything in one go.
mika

Post by mika »

I'm not an AP shooter, but have been considering buying one for quite some time. I've been wondering why the AP's are so long, while everything else is much shorter. I know, the rules allow that for the AP's while not for the others, but for me the long form factor has been a turnoff for me. I haven't shot the shorties yet, but I'm pretty sure that will be the ticket for me.

I've been wondering what the difference really is. I don't mind a heavy gun, even a front heavy one. I shoot an MG2E RF with the heavy barrel weight, and it's just as front heavy as some long barrel air pistols. Maybe it's just the sight radius. Or something about the momentum of the mass further away from the hand or whatever. Anyway, I'm really happy there are now AP's that are a closer match to the Standard pistols.

Mika
peterz

Post by peterz »

When I was ready to buy the short version of the LP-10 wasn't readily available (there was a time constraint), so I opted for a long barrel gun with the short cylinder, then I shortened up the distance between the sights. It gives me most of the feel of he shorter pistol -- but I understand that this is not a great solution. However, if you already have an AP, swapping tanks for a short one is a good interim measure.

I do like the feel of the shorter gun.