Pardini 22 SP

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

trevorw

Pardini 22 SP

Post by trevorw »

Well I picked up my new Pardini only had 1 shoot with it and the pistol shoots better than I do

Has anyone worked out the barrell weight system and how to configure it

Cheers
visitor

Post by visitor »

Yes, leave them as they are. Why should it have to be "worked out"?
PFribley

pardini

Post by PFribley »

I suppose you could fine tune with other weights. After you price them you may change your mind.Take visitors advice. Leave it alone. Enjoy shooting Xs.
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

The gun has 6 pre installed barrell weights, the manual states that these can be adjusted to suite the individual, so I don't think it was an unreasonable question to ask

Thanks

Post by Guest »

If it's not broken, don't fix it....
PFribley

Pardini

Post by PFribley »

Its not an unreasonable question to ask. Pardini spends a lot of time doing R&D on their pistols. That is one reason you pay what you do for one. You would think they would know how to set on up. Obviously they are not set up to everyones individual tastes. You can adjust the front end by purchasing heaver or lighter weights. They are made from tungsten. But, you have to purchase them from your pardini dealer. They don't exchange them. I don't think they are cheap. That is why most people leave them alone. If you are independently wealthy. Go for it!!!!
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

the six weights can either act as dead weights or as active weights depending on the position of the spring (before or after the weight).
that means that by controling the number of the weights and the placement of the springs you can adjust how much weight you put at the front of your gun as well as how much of the recoil they "absorb".
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

From what I've read the stock weights are 25grms but 35grm replacement weights can be purchased for about 23 Euro each.

I removed the weights and looked at the springs which seemed fairly flimsy IMO but I'm no gun expert.

I removed two of them and the pistol fired just as well as with 6 but was noticeably lighter

Thanks
FredB

weights

Post by FredB »

Trevor,

IIRC the stock weights are about half the weight of the heavy weights, whatever those actual weights are. Anyway, I'd suggest the following:

Remove and replace the stock weights until the balance of the gun feels good to you. Don't decide right away but live with each alternative for a while. Once you have determined the optimal number of weights for you, then you can decide on their orientation. If the spring is in front (towards the muzzle), the weight will act to smooth out the recoil pulse by spreading it out over a slightly longer time. If the spring is to the rear, the weight will just be a weight. The spring has to be "flimsy" so that it allows the weight to momentarily remain (move) forward while the gun recoils to the rear. If the spring were stiff, there would be no recoil smoothing.

There is no recoil "reduction" either way - it's just a question of how much time the recoil pulse takes. You can play around with them in many ways to get the feel you want, within certain parameters. The way the weights are supplied from the factory simply gives you the maximum forward weight with the maximum recoil smoothing (with the standard weights). There is no reason to feel that this configuration is "the best" or preferable for you.

HTH,
FredB
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

Thanks Fred a constructive answer