Walther LG200 safe queen won't fire

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gunsmoke77802

Walther LG200 safe queen won't fire

Post by gunsmoke77802 »

So I have a LG200 that has sat in the safe a number of years & it won't fire. Cylinder had 2000+ psi & no joy. Took cylinder off & pumped it up some more & got a 'pop' sound when I tried it. Thought ok we're good to go. Loaded pellet and mad 'pop' but no exit. Don't think pellet really moved that much. Had to drop cleaning rod down bore to free pellet. Is there anything I can do as far as taking some of the mechanism apart & trouble shooting this?

thanks

Jay
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Pop sounds have always been traced back to o-rings blowing out for me. I am not familiar with the 200 I have a 300. Does the bolt probe have the breech o-ring seal on the end of it? What do the o-rings from the port look like also? It may just need a new o-ring job done to it. If you left the rifle itself under pressure all that time you likely ruined seals.

Bo
gunsmoke77802

Post by gunsmoke77802 »

Well the o rings look good from what I can see. Yes it has been left under pressure. Is that a 'no-no'?. Never knew that. Where is a good place to send it for repair?

thanks
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Pilkingtons, the guy that brings us this great forum does great repairs. Give them a call and see if they can help you.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

If the outside obvious seals look ok and you left it under pressure I am thinking your internals are flattened out. Send it in for a tune up. It is fine to leave the cylinder pressurized if you can remove it and bleed the air from the regulator unit on the rifle itself. I always back my cylinder off and dry fire out the regulator pressurized air after every use. Imagine having 2000 PSI sitting on you for a couples years non stop and you would probably flatten out as well lol.

Good luck it shouldn't be that big a deal to get shooting again.

Bo
hddriver1

Re: Walther LG200 safe queen won't fire

Post by hddriver1 »

gunsmoke77802 wrote:So I have a LG200 that has sat in the safe a number of years & it won't fire. Cylinder had 2000+ psi & no joy. Took cylinder off & pumped it up some more & got a 'pop' sound when I tried it. Thought ok we're good to go. Loaded pellet and mad 'pop' but no exit. Don't think pellet really moved that much. Had to drop cleaning rod down bore to free pellet. Is there anything I can do as far as taking some of the mechanism apart & trouble shooting this?

thanks

Jay
Jay,
I think you should sell it to me, then you won't have to worry about it being an issue any more LOL
Pat