Hammerli AR 50 repair

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TerryKuz

Hammerli AR 50 repair

Post by TerryKuz »

Our team has 2 AR50 rifles that appear to have defective regulators. We waited over 1 years for Larry's guns to perform a repair on the same model, so I am looking for an alternate gun smith. Any suggestions? I tried Champions shooters and Pilkguns, and they don't service that model. Thanks.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

JROTC teams here in NM that have them are slowly using some of their guns as spare parts.
I'm not sure you can get any (new) parts for these.

Maybe try Brenzovich?
justadude

Post by justadude »

Since Larry is now the Hammerli USA sales and factory service you are probably stuck with him. Did you ask why it took a year to get the last one fixed? While it is easy to assume it is the 'smith it could easily have been the parts supply line.

I don't know, I am just thinking out loud here, but for some guns I have both searched and waited many months for parts that took 15 minutes to install.

Good Luck,
'Dude
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

justadude wrote:Since Larry is now the Hammerli USA sales and factory service you are probably stuck with him. Did you ask why it took a year to get the last one fixed? While it is easy to assume it is the 'smith it could easily have been the parts supply line.

I don't know, I am just thinking out loud here, but for some guns I have both searched and waited many months for parts that took 15 minutes to install.

Good Luck,
'Dude
The last repair was done before I was on the team, so I don't know the details. We are limited in equipment so we did not want to live through that inconvenience again.
I am going to call Brenzovich in the morning. If they don't have it I will resort to Larry's and try to get a firm delivery date.
ZD

Post by ZD »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may be stuck. My brother had the same problem with his Hammerli, sent it off to Larry's guns twice, first to rebuilt the regulator. Worked for a little bit. The second time around we found that the action was not popping back all the way, so my brother would pull it back manually a little bit each time (found this out from a gunsmith who works on air guns in Vancouver, WA). Worked for four more months, quit on him in college in September. He talked to Scott Pilkington about it, who told him he could work on it, but told him it would better serve him hanging on the wall (or something like that). You are right in the fact that Larry's guns is the only company that will service Hammerli's, however they are terrible to deal with. Unless you can find someone besides Larry's guns who is qualified, you may in fact be stuck with a broken air gun. I apologize, but this may be a reality.