Doubt Anschtz 2213 alu stock wood parts

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

r3tr1

Doubt Anschtz 2213 alu stock wood parts

Post by r3tr1 »

Good day,

I would like if anyone could tell me how can I change the colored wood parts (cheek-piece, grip, side wood parts). Mines are in laminated wood, but I would like to put them in black, just like in the following link

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... 4ec4adb351

Thank you in advance ;) From Portugal
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

The grip, cheek piece, and fore end panels all just unscrew to detach. However, you may be forced to paint yours, as finding these pieces new is probably very unlikely since the stock has been discontinued, and the only color available near the end of production was the blue/natural laminate.
r3tr1

Post by r3tr1 »

Thank you,

but what I was really asking is if anyone could help me knowing a way to paint the parts that I already have.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

As my wife and I both had new similar Walther KK300's I wanted mine to be a bit different. I stripped the protective coat which was a thin varnish with paint stripper, the original colours will remain, then applied wood dye, then revarnished.
You will be limited to what colours are available and the end result is dependant on the new colour blending with the existing. Mine originaly was blue and natural wood, I dyed it blue and ended up with a two tone dark and lighter blue.
Robin