Iris Shutter and Centering device

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Darrell_R

Post by Darrell_R »

David Levene wrote:
Darrell_R wrote:
David Levene wrote:
Judith Arifandi wrote:btw I was told using lenses that is not your needed prescription is against the rules.
As far as ISSF shooting is concerned, whoever told you that is wrong.
I agree with David, if you are talking specifically about ISSF Rules for Pistol events and in particular, 10m Air Pistol, my interpretation indicates that, “Correction glasses and/or filters may be worn by the competitor so long as the correcting lenses and/or filters are not attached to the pistol”.
I'm not sure why you say "...and in particular, 10m Air Pistol...". For ANY ISSF pistol event you are allowed to wear a lens but it must not be attached to the pistol.
Hi David,

The only reason that 10m Air Pistol was specifically refered to in my post was for the benefit of Judith who posted the question and only shoots Air Pistol.

But your right, I could have said, "...including 10m Air Pistol..." as this is a rule that covers not only Air Pistol, but all of the ISSF Pistol Events.

Hope this clarifies it for you.
peterz

Post by peterz »

Gerard said:
I noticed as I turned the lens to various angles that objects on the other side were being distorted into an egg shape, which quite startled me. Turns out the lens had a serious distortion built into it. Not all optics are created equal
Of course many lenses have various kinds of distortion, but what you describe sounds much more like deliberate correction for astigmatism. Another good reason to get your shooting lens professionally fitted.

Judith, I can't see how wearing lenses with a wrong prescription could be against the rules. In order to check, the equipment committee would have to give you a full eye exam! Maybe not a bad idea to go there with junque lenses and let them do the job... ;-)

pete
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

peterz wrote:Judith, I can't see how wearing lenses with a wrong prescription could be against the rules. In order to check, the equipment committee would have to give you a full eye exam!
8.4.1.3.2 just says "Correction glasses and/or filters may be worn by the shooter."

If you want to correct your sight to focus at 10cm or 100m than that is your prerogative, although I can't see many people wanting a focus at these extremes.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I guess it depends what is meant by 'correction'.
If you want to correct your sight to focus at 10cm or 100m than that is your prerogative
That would be more an 'adjustment' than a 'correction'.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

JamesH wrote:I guess it depends what is meant by 'correction'.
If you want to correct your sight to focus at 10cm or 100m than that is your prerogative
That would be more an 'adjustment' than a 'correction'.
Why would either of these be an "adjustment" when correcting for 1.5m isn't.

Some people need +0.25 diopter to focus on the front sight, some need +0.75.

Why would either of those be a "correction" rather than an "adjustment".

Some people have a set of spectacles for reading, another for computer use and yet another for driving. Which one is "correction" and which is "adjustment". My spectacles do all 3: which part is "correction" and which is "adjustment".

The answer is obviously that they are all "correction", but correcting for different purposes.