Fundraiser for Racer Rifle

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MSU Racer fan

Fundraiser for Racer Rifle

Post by MSU Racer fan »

2 November 2011
I'm writing to you as a fellow alumnus of the Murray State Rifle Team. I hope your experience shooting for Murray State was as enjoyable and fulfilling as mine! It was literally one of the best times of my life.

An opportunity to help Murray's Rifle Team has come up this year that immediately caught my attention. In Bill’s role as a Board Member of the Indiana Youth Shooting Sports Foundation, he has been working with MidwayUSA, a shooting supplies company out of Columbia, Missouri. They have been doing quite well the past several years, and want to give back to the shooting community as well as grow the sport by bringing more new shooters into it. One of their efforts is the funding of the Scholastic Shooting Trust through the MidwayUSA Foundation, which they started.

Bill Beard and I met on October 10, 2011 with Murray State Athletic Director Allen Ward, and Associate Vice President Bob Jackson. After explaining the opportunity, they enthusiastically gave us their blessing and support to pursue funding for a MSU Rifle account in the MidwayUSA Foundation. All proceeds that the fund gives out will be paid to the MSU Foundation, earmarked specifically for the Rifle Team. Now for the juicy part! Through December 31, 2011, MidwayUSA will match every dollar donated to Murray's fund on a 1:1 basis. IN ADDITION, for every donation of $1,000.00 contributed to the fund, Larry and Brenda Potterfield, the owners of the company, will give a $5,000 bonus to the fund. I have contributed $1,000 and Bill has contributed $1,000 to the fund, resulting in a total of $14,000! [$1,000 contribution, plus $1,000 match from company, plus $5,000 bonus from Potterfields = $7,000 for each $1,000 contribution]. (Match and bonus are deposited in the fund 2 weeks after the end of the month in which the donation is received and deposited.)

It would be great if you could join Bill and me in supporting the team at this level. We understand that everyone who wants to support the team will not be able to contribute at this level, but there's MORE GOOD NEWS. The Executive Director at MidwayUSA Foundation has told me that we can bundle smaller contributions of $250, $100, or whatever into a total of $1,000.00, send them in together and they will qualify for the $5,000 bonus as well as the 1:1 company match. (Must be in one envelope.) MSU Rifle is eligible to withdraw 5% of its account balance each year to be used for equipment, ammo, travel, etc. Our goal is to raise $15,000 in donations, which would give Murray an account balance of $105,000, and an annual income of $5,250!!!! HOLY COW!!! ANY CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP! TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!

Again, $15,000 in donations will result in $5,250.00 to the MSU Rifle Team every year!

Bill has agreed to be the contact point for donations and forward them to Midway. If you can help Murray State's Rifle Team through this unique opportunity, here is the procedure:

1. Make your check out to: “MidwayUSA Foundation”

2. In the “For” line at the bottom of the check write “Murray State Univ. Rifle Team”

3. Send the check to Bill at:
Mr. Bill Beard
3131 Lickridge Lane
Danville, IN 46122

4. Include your return address so Midway can send you a receipt. All contributions are tax-deductible, as the MidwayUSA Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization.

Please call me if you have questions about this remarkable opportunity to leverage our support for our team in such a huge way. The only down side of this is that the $5,000 bonus is good only until December 19.

You can check out how the Murray State Rifle Team account is growing at: http://www.scholasticshootingtrust.org/ ... ntId=64556

The rifle team needs your help and thank you for your consideration!

Cordially,
Ernest J. Vande Zande
9822 East Meseto Avenue
Mesa, AZ 85209
480.225.0600 Cell
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I note that as of December 23, 2011 that the fund for Murray State is over $300,000, nearly three times their goal. Way to go!!!
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Great job Ernie.

Doug Keener