BSA or Tasco scopes any good?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Cracko

BSA or Tasco scopes any good?

Post by Cracko »

Hello,
I find myself in a position to need a target scope for my 1413, but I just can't spend the money for a Leupold. I am considering BSA or Tasco 6-24x44 scopes. Seriously. I know they are made in China--will they hold a zero? Thanks!
Cracko
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

I've owned a BSA 6-24X for many years, and at the time, had several friends using Tasco and Bushnells of similar price/quality. I think the Bushnells had a slight edge, and the BSA/Tascos were on par with one another.

I never had a problem with it holding a zero, even with cheapie scope rings. Granted, the brightness was nowhere near that of a Leupold, Swarovski, etc, and it was much more intolerant of head position and eye relief, but it was good enough for high 1580's out at Camp Perry for many years as an IJ/Junior.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I shoot and recommend a Weaver T-36 with a 1/8th dot. It is the best for the money. If your hold isnt tight enough for the 36 power, use the 24.
I know someone who uses one for the 50 yard/meter and another for 100 yards.
Matt
Cracko

Post by Cracko »

Thanks for the advice!
Mark
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

Just a different opinion. A wealthy smallbore shooter suggested the BSA fixed power 36X Platinum scope. If you are patient, you can find them on Ebay for $75. I have two - both set up on a 6811 mount, one set up for 50 yards and the other for 100 yards. Yes, I also have two rear metallic sights. For $300 I have two identical scopes pre-set to distances, and set up time is minimal. I should note that you need to have a really steady hold to use a 36X scope - not something a new Marksman wants to depend on.