under clothing rules

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dmf

under clothing rules

Post by dmf »

I would be interested in finding out whether "spandex like" under clothing is still permitted by the latest ISSF rules, in particular the Sauer Technical Top.
Thanks

D

Post by Guest »

Is there a particular rule you are referring to that you could cite?

I would think that Spandex is the opposite of the concerns in many rulebooks, as it is stretchy and not constricting or by any means providing artificial support. It's also very thin so fabric thickness is not an issue.
dmf

Post by dmf »

The rule in question is:
Rule 6.4.2.1.1: "The use of any special devices, means or garments which immobilize or unduly reduce the movement of the shooter's legs, body or arms is prohibited in order to ensure that the performance skills of the shooters are not artificially improved by special clothing."
I'm mostly wondering about the Sauer Technical under clothing, as this is what I own. Also, would Under Armour type clothing fail this rule?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I think the only rulebook which mentions this is the CMP 3-P Air ... prohibited in sporter.

I think it's a silly rule and that they were looking at too many of the "muscled" adds which seems to imply support. (Note: $0.02)

Post by Guest »

I would not think Spandex fails this rule. Spandex is stretchy, it does not immobilize or reduce movement, you have full mobility of all of your joints and muscles. "compression fit" is just marketing, if it reduced movement, it wouldn't be marketed toward athletes that move a lot (football, running).

I would say that such under garments as a women's corset would definitely fail though ;-)
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Guest wrote:I would say that such under garments as a women's corset would definitely fail though ;-)
NOW you tell me. Dang.

Roger
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

The way the old farts at the ISSF are moving spandex will be the only thing you'l be able to wear soon!
Good shooting
Robin
Christopherie

Post by Christopherie »

Love that the warmer weather is here. Tee shirts and baggy gym shorts are the norm for me.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

just for laughs.
perhaps issf should make a lingerie division. only clothing rule is you have to buy your clothes from victoria secret etc ... it will certainly boost tv numbers.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

ghostrip wrote:perhaps issf should make a lingerie division. only clothing rule is you have to buy your clothes from victoria secret etc ... it will certainly boost tv numbers.
Ummmmm ... maybe not