Air Pistol Shooting Shoes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Judith Arifandi

Air Pistol Shooting Shoes

Post by Judith Arifandi »

I wanted to buy new shoes for pistol shooting. The only available shoes in my country is sauer and anzchut, corami is available but it needs effort to find it. sauer has 2 style of shoes, the latest one "easy style II" had ventilation holes in it. I don't know if that work or not but it looks cool. and I have been warned that bottom part of sauer shoes doesn't last long. from three above, which one you recommend? and why?

I am aware that buying new shoes is not going to help my score. I'm looking for the most comfortable since I got one but its not comfortable because it not at my size.

Thanks,
Jude
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Shoes are a big issue because what is comfortable for one may not work for another. You really have to be in a position to try them before buying. I have a pair of the Sauers and find them very stable but not comfortable. Last time I shout an AP match, I shot without shoes and did better.
David M

Post by David M »

A good pair of flat sole shoes work well, and with a little flex your feet won't get sore. (And they will pass the new rules.)
Have a look at skateboard shoes at your local sports store.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

You'll need to try them first as fit and comfort is a personal thing. I use anschutz ones but I've not tried coramis. Don't worry about the flex rules as even coramis pass and they are the stiffest shoes I've seen.

Rob.
lastman

Post by lastman »

It's ideal to try them for fit and feel first. Which ever pair feels the best when you're wearing them is going to be the best for you.

I've had a pair of Sauer's for a couple of years now and haven't seen any issues with the sole and find them quite comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Good luck
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

Skateboard shoes, have you tried them? They're cheap and you can find them in supermarkets.

They are flat on the bottom and provide a good foundation. While not super comfortable, my feet are happy.

I bought a pair of Skeechers (spelling?) in a Walmart near my house.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

You'll need to pull out the in-sole though, otherwise it's like standing on a water-bed and shooting. lol, never been so motion-sick in all my life.