KK300 ADing

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bntarrw

KK300 ADing

Post by Bntarrw »

Hello and good morning to all. My question to all is anybody had any issues with there KK300 Accidental Discharging. The one time my son was opening the bolt and it went off, and the second time he was getting into position for offhand and it went off with out touching the trigger!!!!! :(
GCSInc

Discharge

Post by GCSInc »

Either the trigger is set "too" light, or the firing pin is stuck forward due to dirt in the bolt firing pin channel. Check these two things first.

Roy
Bntarrw

Post by Bntarrw »

Roy, I will look at the bolt tonight. The gun has never been touched since we purchased the rifle and it only has roughly 300 rds thru it.
Martin Catley

Post by Martin Catley »

Get someone to check the trigger engagement as it probably needs resetting after inital settling in, before using again.ASAP
justadude

Post by justadude »

Along with the possibility of the trigger being to light is the possibility that the first stage of the trigger is misadjusted.

While the first stage does not need to be a country mile long there must be a range of discernable trigger movement (say 3mm or so) before the trigger comes up to the bump in pressure that indicates the second stage.

The first stage does more than just help the shooter settle in and get ready for the shot, it is also a safety mechanism that insures sufficient sear engagement for safe handling during the period when the bolt is being closed and while the rifle is being bounced around a bit settling into position. If the first stage is not there or too light, the gun will be unsafe.

PM me if you have questions

'Dude
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

My wife and I both have new KK300's, never heard of a problem like this, but its not the bolt, the problem is clearly the point adjustment is set too fine. We found that from new both guns triggers "settled" down in the first 500 rounds and then needed adjusting for a perfect setting.
The point is a bit of a sod to set up accurately on the new KK300 as its a ballance between two adjustments, screws (e), and (f), and (f) is also a sliding position. Also screw (d) can impact on the the point setting if not perfectly set.
I've had and set up Walther triggers for years but the new KK300 is the most difficult to get set up. I would not even want to start telling someone how to do it as its a constant ballance of one setting to another and its all done by feel. The hand book is not a lot of help!
Unless you are very familiar with them I would advise you to get a factory trained technician to set it up. I presume you are in the States? I have no knowledge of Walther technical back up in the States, but if in Europe, contact the factory or go to a big shoot where the factory techs will be.
The good news is that once set it will be fantastic and ours are superb and still consistant requiring no further setting after another 2000 rounds.
Best of Luck
Robin