Anschutz Precise Buttplate

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

KennyB

Anschutz Precise Buttplate

Post by KennyB »

Does anyone use one or tried one?

I'm in the market for a new buttplate and I'm after opinions/suggestions.

Thanks,
Ken.
RobStubbs

Re: Anschutz Precise Buttplate

Post by RobStubbs »

KennyB wrote:Image

Does anyone use one or tried one?

I'm in the market for a new buttplate and I'm after opinions/suggestions.

Thanks,
Ken.
In my opinion they are overly complicated and not easy to set up. You want a buttplate that makes full contact with the shoulder - and that's pretty much it. Sure you don't want it to slip and you want it's range of movements / adjustability to cover your shape and positional preferences, but isn't that all ?

Rob.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I use the TEC HRO buttplate. I kinda like it, but I am honestly not full satisfied with it. I think I may get a HPS AKTIV buttplate.
Matt
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Just to add, my current butt plate is the HPS AKTIV which I don't think is great. It doesn't seem that easy to get right and certainly doesn't grip great in the shoulder. My previous was the Anschutz 4765 which I found easier to fit and it felt more solid in the shoulder. I'm sure all can be made to fit well it's just a matter of adjusting them - which in some models is very hard to do without help.

Rob.
Colin

Post by Colin »

There you go Kenny, Rob might be selling his hps and going back to the Anschutz one ;0)
ErikHoskins

ButtPlate

Post by ErikHoskins »

Kenny, I use the MEC Free Position, and it works very well.
Happy Thanksgiving!
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Thanks for the suggestions so far - the HRO-TEC, MEC and HPS are all ones that I'm considering too.

The thing I like about the HPS is the upper hinged plate - I like to put a fair amount of pressure on the cheekpiece but that has a tendency to push the butt down in the shoulder and I feel the HPS would counteract that.

Everything I have that's MEC, I really like - when I tried one on a friend's rifle it felt quite slender...

The HRO-TEC seems like a very versatile option but the one person I know who used one no longer does so - he's gone to the HPS.

K.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Kenny
The hps top hinge plate is good so long as your jacket fits well in the shoulder and you don't have too much material there, otherwise the plate has a tendency to go under the material instead of over it, to follow the shoulder profile.
Hope that makes sense
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Colin wrote:There you go Kenny, Rob might be selling his hps and going back to the Anschutz one ;0)
Too late, I changed stock to the gemini hence can't use the Anschutz and have already sold the old stock and butt plate.

Rob.
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

Don't overlook the Grunig buttplates. Fab, but expensive.
bluetentacle

Post by bluetentacle »

The Grunig free rifle buttplates are beautifully made but actually less adjustable than MEC and Tec-HRO, and a lot less adjustable than SG. It's an excellent standard rifle buttplate though, the design being very resistant to recoil.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

supermatch wrote:Don't overlook the Grunig buttplates. Fab, but expensive.
The Grunig's are really out of my price range - for that sort of money I'd get the HPS and be done with it.

...and then there is also the Mannel Mega Flex which looks like it might fit the bill.

<sigh>

K.