Foresight Tunnel Size

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GaryD

Foresight Tunnel Size

Post by GaryD »

A quick question.

What size foresight tunnels do most people use on their 12" extension tubes 18 or 22mm and why if possible.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I switched to a 22 mm front tunnel when I started using a 10" tube on my 27" barrel. I found it easier to keep the front sights centered because the 22 mm tunnel was just that much larger. I also found it easier to focus on the front element with the larger tunnel, but your experience may vary.

Jason
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

Advantages of the 22mm and 30mm: they give the shooter a better view of the number boards (in L/R highpower); they are easier to use with a front magnifying lens because the variable front irises can be opened up to a larger diameter, 3) they may be easier to center in the rear aperture. Disadvantages: blow around more in the wind; no individual apertures; variable irises do not give as clean an aperture.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

I have just received my 22mm Barry Neasom turnover sight but have yet to try it out, as I am waiting for some 22mm foresight elements in various sizes to arrive.
Hopefully I will find out what size I like and then I will order a Centra High End one.
Bob3700

Post by Bob3700 »

Mike,

I don't remember, do you use a bloop tube on your smallbore rifle? If so, what diameter front sight do you use, 22mm or 30mm?

Recently I installed a 12 inch bloop tube with a 30mm Ritesite on the Anschutz. Man, that is a pretty good sight picture. I do have to open the front iris up all the way to 7.5mm with the .5 diopter though.

Bob Beckett