Alfa-Proj U.S. pistol importation

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RMinUT

Alfa-Proj U.S. pistol importation

Post by RMinUT »

There is finally a importer for these pistol into the U.S. but they are not currently importing model 3263, the .32 S&W long target model. I am asking anybody with an interest to email Deanna: shipping.department@czechpoint-usa.com. hint, hint, even you don't have a personal interest maybe you can still email to help a fellow Int. CF shooter!

She indicated if enough interest is shown they will add it to their import list.

These pistols seem to have a good reputation especially at the price point they are sold at. There are not many choices for .32 revolvers anymore and it would be nice to have some here in the U.S.

You can see it at: http://www.alfa-proj.cz/viewpic.php?ln= ... pg&model=-

Thanks,
Robert
caa028

Post by caa028 »

Any idea what the "price point" will be?
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

she couldn't tell me since they haven't imported one. They will only look into importation after people show interest. The other pistols seemed to be priced very reasonably. I consider the only pistol close to this model a Manurchin MR32 which is impossible to find and very expensive. The Alfa should seem reasonable, even if not in the same league as a MR32.
Leon

Post by Leon »

These are freely available in Australia for about $950 or so. Why don't you import one from here?
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

I didn't know that. I have imported several pistols from Potter Firearms and it was easy, so I might try that, but the last time I talked to the Potter's they said the restrictions increased on their side and it was much harder to export to the U.S.

Thanks for idea though and I will try.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

RMinUT wrote:I didn't know that. I have imported several pistols from Potter Firearms and it was easy, so I might try that, but the last time I talked to the Potter's they said the restrictions increased on their side and it was much harder to export to the U.S.

Thanks for idea though and I will try.
I emailed Potter Firearms several times about 2 years ago trying to buy one of their used FPs and they said they no longer export to the US. They have some interesting pistols at times.
ammagad

Post by ammagad »

I want one... Sent to norway..
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Robert, I did as you suggested, and e-mailed Deanna. I also asked her about the possibility of importing one myself, directly from the Czech Republic, using a Form 7(casual importation). I've done this in the past, to buy my TOZ, from a mail order house in Germany, back before the Euro replaced the DM, at about $.65 to the DM. A bit of work, but have you seen what K-32's are going for, (if you can find one)?

Paul
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Robert, This is the reply I received this morning, to my inquiry on their web site (not my e-mail to Deanna). Looks promising.
Paul

Dear Sir,

pls. try to contact our business partner in your country:
CzechPoint, Inc.

Mr. Dan Brown

103 Stone Road

Knoxville, TN 37920

Tennessee

Tel.: +1 865 247 0184

Fax: +1 865 247 0185

e-mail:
dan.brown@czechpoint-usa.com

www.czechpoint-usa.com

He haven´t ordered this model yet, but there is no problem for us to deliver
it - it depends on his order...

Thanks, best regards,

Mgr. Tomas Cholava
ALFA-PROJ spol. s r.o.
branch office: Zabrdovicka 11
615 00 Brno
CZECH REPUBLIC
tel.: +420 545 120 616
mobil: +420 725 745 626
fax: +420 545 120 622

e-mail: tomas.cholava@alfa-proj.cz
www.alfa-proj.cz

----- Original Message -----
To: <prodej@alfa-proj.cz>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:13 AM
Subject: Hotline z www.alfa-proj.cz

>
>
> Date: 20.10.2011 02:13 From: pgfaini@bellsouth.net IP-address:
> 75.181.156.212
>
> OSOBA: Paul G. Faini
> TELEFON:xxx xxx xxxx
> EMAIL: pgfaini@bellsouth.net
> DOTAZ: Alfa-Proj Mod. 3263 Are these being imported to the US? What is the
> price?
>
Ernie Rodriguez

ALFA-PROJ Revolvers

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Has anyone out there actually seen/handled/shot these revolvers?? If so-perhaps they could give the forum members their take/opinion/impression on the quality of these pistols. The model 3263 with target grips(32 S&W Long) should be interesting to some pistol shooters.Tnx
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Robert, This is the reply I just got from Deanna. Maybe we should contact Dan Brown, and tell him ALFA-PROJ said there would be no problem?.
Paul

Thank you for your interest in our product. Unfortunately, at this time we are not importing the 3263 model. If we were to receive a hi demand for this particular model, we would consider importing it.

I do not know whether you could import this model yourself or not.

With Best Regards,
Deanna Hale
RMinUT

Re: ALFA-PROJ Revolvers

Post by RMinUT »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:Has anyone out there actually seen/handled/shot these revolvers?? If so-perhaps they could give the forum members their take/opinion/impression on the quality of these pistols. The model 3263 with target grips(32 S&W Long) should be interesting to some pistol shooters.Tnx
I asked the TT board about two years ago inquiring about the quality and only one shooter from AUS. replied to say he had seen them at his club and the owners had no problems with them. I found a writeup from a shooter in GB, http://www.targetsportsmagazine.com/fea ... small-one/

I have two semi auto CF pistols that I shoot in matches but obtaining the Alfa seems to be more of a quest at this point than a requirement. I would rather keep contacting Czechpoint and have them import them since there is probably no restrictions on the pistol, it's just getting the numbers together for Czechpoint to want to do it.

Thanks for the help guys.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

I'm in about the same position. I've got my 4 screw K-38 that I used for Center Fire, when I was shooting PTO's, before Fulton Co, GA closed down Wolf Creek. I've always lusted after a K-32, but thought I had gotten over it, since lately my shooting has been NRA Bullseye, and I've been using my 1911 for both .45 and center fire. This thread brought back the urge, since the pistol, except for the swing arm, resembles a S&W. No need for it, just want it. Oh well, If I lose all reason, and am able to import one myself, I'll post my appraisal of it.

Paul
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

I emailed the owner at Czechpoint in hopes that he will look into adding this model to his future order. We shall see.

Several websites I looked at in Australia specifically note they do not export firearms so unless I can find one specific dealer of Alfa-Proj arms that does export that avenue looks closed.

After I get a reply from Czechpoint, since they are also in Tennessee, I was thinking of contacting Scott to see if maybe he can be of some assistance.

Just seems there should be enough sales interest to risk importing half a dozen or so, but that all depends on import requirements.

Paul, I also have a K38 (14-2) from the seventies, 'smithed by Bob Chow. They are very fun to shoot.
Leon

Post by Leon »

This Australian dealer will export and will be able to source Alfa revolvers for you.

http://www.jansa.com.au/export.php

This dealer has most of the Alfa models in stock - take off the 10% the list price for export as GST/Sales tax won't apply.

http://www.cdmsales.com.au/modernpistol.html