S. California Inter. Air Pistol, Competition Added To Sched

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CA Bullseye

S. California Inter. Air Pistol, Competition Added To Sched

Post by CA Bullseye »

Attention: Southern California International Air Pistol Shooters please mark your calendars for the up coming competitions:

Sat. 14 Jan 2012 USAS CA State Jr. Olympic Championship - Sport Pistol. Call for more information.

Sat. 21 Jan 2012 USAS CA State Jr. Olympic Championship - Air Pistol. Call for more information.

Fri. 2 & Sat 3 March 2012 NRA Open International Air Pistol Sectional and National Indoor Pistol Championship (see attached). Entries are limited to 40, register early.

These events will be held at the Bridge Jr. Shooting Club, La Puente, CA. For more information please call or e-mail: In Kim 213-700-7161 bbmaster223@yahoo.co.kr, or Ronald Morales 916-475-9968 cabullseye@hotmail.com
Attachments
2012 Bridge NRA Air Pistol Sectional.pdf
(29.21 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Last edited by CA Bullseye on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I would like to see the scores of the last (first?) AP match you guys held.
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

Scores were finally posted by USA shooting under Match Results.
coker

Post by coker »

Hi all,

Your match sounds like an interesting one to go. Can you tell us about your facilities. I see, you will shoot one shot per target? how are the targets arranged?

or,

How many shooting bays do you have?
Do you have manual/electric carriers?

thanks,
CA Bullseye

Bridge Jr. Shooting Club Range Facility

Post by CA Bullseye »

The Bridge Jr. Shooting Club Range is located about 15 miles east of downtown Los Angeles between the I-10 & CA Hwy 60, east of the I-605. Purpose of the Bridge Jr. Shooting Club Range is to offer a safe and equipped facility for coaching, training, and competitions in International Air Pistol for future Olympic hopefuls. Competitions offered in the future will be sanctioned by USA Shooting, National Rifle Association and USAS/NRA/CMP Progressive Position Air Pistol (PPP). All events will be supervised by ISSF, USAS, NRA, and CMP certified personnel.

It is an indoor facility with a total of 17 firing points, 8 points are on the ground floor and 9 are on the upper level. Each target point is individually illuminated, 15 are equipped with the Gehmann electronic target carriers and three are manual target carriers. For sanctioned competitions (USAS & NRA) the eight ground floor points will only be used. There is also a seperate area to dry fire and do aiming exercises.

Competitions will be governed by the USAS, NRA, USAS/NRA/CMP PPP, rules. Each competitor is given a target pack and will have a running time based on the rules for their division (women, men or PPP). The competitor will change their own target once they have fired the required number of shots as defined in the program.

Hope this answers your questions about the facilities. If you should have any further questions please feel free to post.
coker

Post by coker »

CA Bullseye;

Thanks for your kind reply, fantastic facilities, well worth a visit, hope I am in the area by then,
thanks
Coker
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

Is there a USAS rule that forbids the use of second level shooting positions for sanctioned matches? As long as the vertical distance between the second lever floor and the target is between the allowed limits, it should be ok. It would be very time consuming to only use 8 positions for a PTO. This would mean you would need 3 to 4 relays to complete the same group we had last time. You would have to stay all day long to see the final scores and I think this will discourage some people from attending. We should take a good look at the rules and see if we can use all 17 positions for sanctioned shoots.

Thanks
CA Bullseye

Squading, Relays and Shooting Points

Post by CA Bullseye »

There isn’t a rule that prevents having a second level shooting points. The reason for the squading and relays is the second level flooring isn’t as firm as the first floor. Having a championship or a major shooting event would have them at a disadvantage. So to make it fair for all, it would be best that they shoot from the first floor. We would like to have all of the shooters competing at their maximum potential.
twojnar

Post by twojnar »

Ron, can you please clarify something for me. My understanding after talking to Mr. Kim was that this facility was going to be open to all who want to compete, no matter what level, not just "future Olympic hopefuls". There are a lot of people who never plan on going to the Olympics but want to compete, are they welcome as well?

Thanks,
Teresa
CA Bullseye

Inter Air Pistol Shooters, All Are Welcome

Post by CA Bullseye »

Teresa, the term ”future Olympic hopefuls” was used figuratively. Yes, anyone who is interested in International Air Pistol is welcomed regardless of his or her level. But do keep in mind that this club is a junior club, which is centered around encouraging their success in the sport, and the sports future. Those who have Olympic aspirations will find this club a very good training facility.
twojnar

Post by twojnar »

Thank you for the clarification Ron :)
CA Bullseye

Note New Competition Added to Schedule

Post by CA Bullseye »

New competition added to schedule for Dec (see above and attachment).
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why would you require hearing protection at an Air Pistol match? I've never heard of such a thing.
DM613

Post by DM613 »

Guess who's back?!? Of my vacation when I told her I was coming back lol: D My first task the author has recently been reduced to find recruits
Tera ItemsCheap Runescape GoldBuy Tera Gold
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just go away.
CA Bullseye

Hearing Protction

Post by CA Bullseye »

Rover wrote:Why would you require hearing protection at an Air Pistol match? I've never heard of such a thing.
I agree with you, but we are in California and it’s a matter of liability.
CA Bullseye

17 Dec 2011 NRA Air Pistol Competition

Post by CA Bullseye »

On the 17th we had our first NRA air pistol competition. We had a total of 18 competitors, with 15 being juniors. The purpose of the competition was to classify those competitors who don’t have an NRA classification. Those competitors are now classified for the NRA Sectional in March. We would like to thank all of the volunteers that helped and the competitiors that made this a good event.
Attachments
Bridge NRA Bulletin 17Dec11.pdf
Bridge NRA Bulletin 17Dec2011
(55.88 KiB) Downloaded 134 times