front sight screw for Anschutz 1907??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

oddsonjjf

front sight screw for Anschutz 1907??

Post by oddsonjjf »

Ok,

I have an Anschutz 1907 that has a front sight that needs a screw. The screw(s)that are needed I will try to describe as I am not sure of the proper terminology. Some info: The sight says “ Made in W. Germany” on the front base. The rear base parallel with the barrel has two hex-headed screws- side x side. This is the screw that I need!!!! The sight is missing one. I do not need the screw that holds the sight on the rail( which has a spring for tension) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
ZD

Post by ZD »

If I understand your explanation right, you are missing on of the screws that adjusts the cant of your front sight. Provided you have one of them, you should be able to take it in to a shop and ask for a 2.5mm head screw with that length. Often times you might not be able to find the right length, but if you pick up a screw that is a little longer you should be fine, if not you might be able to cut it down. I know that I have replaced multiple screws on my rifles, and I just go to Tacoma Screw, but that is a Washington company. Do not order from Anschutz, you will probably have to pay 12 dollars for one screw.