Question about the Crosman 2009 hand pump?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

af_one

Question about the Crosman 2009 hand pump?

Post by af_one »

I want to add this rifle for my team, we currently shoot Co2, How hard of a process is it to fill with the crosman hand pump? We went to several matched that didnt have CO2 on site. Is the hand pump practical and efficient?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Before you seriously consider this, look at how many shots are being fired with the CROSMANs .... In what I've seen, in 3x20 matches, the shooters are electing to fill after standing to make sure they have enough gas to fire kneeling.
Since I do not have any of these rifles (we're about 90% 888/887 and 10% CZ types in sporter). While I'll admit CO2 is slightly more of a hassle than air, I really like the fact that with a full charge of CO2 an 888/887 can easily shoot 2 full 3x20's with Finals if necessary.

If you have one pump and have 8 shooters needing it between stages, sumbunny's gonna be late getting back on line I think. If you are leaning that way, I'd just get a tank ... they are not that expensive (even with maintenance--VIPs & such).
AlaskaHickey

Crossman 2009 Hand pump

Post by AlaskaHickey »

Pumping up the Crossman 2009 with the hand pump is pretty easy. Just attach it and pump. It is not that hard but it does take a few minutes. You probably want the coaches/parents to do the pumping so you don't wear out the shooters.

If you are getting a number of these rifles, you should get a scuba tank and fill the rifles with compressed air and then take a hand pump with you to all of your matches just in case they don't have air at the match or something happens to your tank.
af_one

Post by af_one »

jhmartin wrote:Before you seriously consider this, look at how many shots are being fired with the CROSMANs .... In what I've seen, in 3x20 matches, the shooters are electing to fill after standing to make sure they have enough gas to fire kneeling.
Since I do not have any of these rifles (we're about 90% 888/887 and 10% CZ types in sporter). While I'll admit CO2 is slightly more of a hassle than air, I really like the fact that with a full charge of CO2 an 888/887 can easily shoot 2 full 3x20's with Finals if necessary.

If you have one pump and have 8 shooters needing it between stages, sumbunny's gonna be late getting back on line I think. If you are leaning that way, I'd just get a tank ... they are not that expensive (even with maintenance--VIPs & such).
I have a dozen 887's now--they are ok, but the stocks leave alot to be desired. The CO2 is a hassle, and its not always available at all matches. I handled the Crosman at the Nationals--they shot as well or better than my 887's and the stocks are much more adjdustable and comfortable.