SOME Q's

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pmelchman

SOME Q's

Post by pmelchman »

1. do yo store your target rifle with the sights on in the rifle case?

2. is it a good idea to store your small bore and air rifle in the same rifle case?

3. do any of you have a tried and true method of setting up a target rifle rifle? ie. Anschutz 2013, do you start with the butt plate, cheek piece, grip, sight elevation. I want to believe that there is a method or sequence that you should use to set up a new rifle for a shooter.

Regards,

patrick
tenring

New Rifle Setup....

Post by tenring »

Good Question. This process helped me. Not real scientific though.

Just having a starting point is key...Then mainly trial and error. Lots of it!

1. Starting point...hold rifle upright. place hand on grip with trigger finger in place. set butt in crook of the elbow. adjust buttplate to fit snug into the bend of elbow at 90 degree point.

2. lay in position pointing at a target without sling and adjust handstop to set approximate elevation.

3. set sling tension as tight as you can comfortably stand. This will pull you into the sights. Maybe too much, but maybe not. All depends if you can load it comfortably. If you cant load it, move handstop in. Sling tension needs to be tight enough to see loose movement stop. If it hurts, back off a little.

From there you'll be close. On LOP....."Wigger" says you want the LOP to the maximum Just so as you can still load the Rifle. "Uptagrafft" says set LOP so as your wrist is straight. Since I'm only 5'9" being able to load the rifle was a factor.

Hope that helps.

Tenring
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Excuse my ignorance but what does one mean by LOP
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

Length Of Pull The distance from buttplate to trigger
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Thanks for letting me know, I thought thats what was meant.
I just wasn't sure
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

1. Yes and no. I have a Storm rifle case. I keep my front sight on the bloop tube, but I take off the rear and put it in another case. I keep my sights on my air rifle.
2. It's personal preference. As long as they don't clank around then it shouldn't be a problem.
3. Ummm not really.
Matt