Trigger - your opinion please

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
philip_T

Trigger - your opinion please

Post by philip_T »

On a 10 meter AP, What is the preferred trigger shape and what is the prefered finger placement on the trigger?
I have seen the blades go from wide curved and twisted to straight rods.
Also from pad of finger to 1st joint of finger. Lately I have seen some almost triangular blades with the edge forward to give a narrow surface.
Is it only personal preference? What is most current?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Mostly personal preference. I prefer the first joint and a trigger 3-5mm wide. Wider on a bullseye .45.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

The most sensitive part of the finger is the pad, and that's the best part of the finger to use. People with very heavy triggers tend to use the 1st joint as you can apply more pressure. Blade - I personally prefer it not too wide and slightly curved so your finger sits in the same place and you can feel it well. I think blade size and shape is more a personal preference thing.

Rob.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Agreed, very much a personal preference/experience thing. For my part the original, slightly offset angle of the Baikal 46m trigger lay against my fingertip at too much of an angle in spite of that offset angle. So I made a replacement trigger which is at 90 degrees to the bone of my finger. The result is a much less vague feel, more positive and crisp. I made it about the same width as original, which is fairly narrow, but with more rounded edges.
lastman

Post by lastman »

Definitely personal preference.

I do prefer the wide curved trigger from my LP10. That being said I haven't tried some of the triggers blades that are completely flat, I have seen them use to great effect though.

I release shots the best when my finger is placed directly across the middle of the trigger blade as I feel I am best able to press straight back.

I located the trigger on the pad of my finger with the crease from my first knuckle just off the trigger.

Good luck
Scrench

Triggers

Post by Scrench »

The most adjustable trigger I have tried so far is on the Air Arms Alfa Proj. Try it out.

Richard
antispar

Post by antispar »

I prefer less curved trigger like it is on Morini 162 or old Steyrs. From day one I did not like the curved one I got on LP 10 and after trying Morini 162, I ordered the old Steyr’s one (10,43 € + shipping). However, even than one could be straighter and slightly narrow. I guess the straight trigger gives more uniform filling on the finger pad as opposed to curved one regardless how you place the finger.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

antispar wrote:I prefer less curved trigger like it is on Morini 162 or old Steyrs. From day one I did not like the curved one I got on LP 10 and after trying Morini 162, I ordered the old Steyr’s one (10,43 € + shipping). However, even than one could be straighter and slightly narrow. I guess the straight trigger gives more uniform filling on the finger pad as opposed to curved one regardless how you place the finger.
Please, can you tell me where do you ordinate the trigger?
Thanks,
Luca.
antispar

Post by antispar »

LukeP wrote:
antispar wrote:I prefer less curved trigger like it is on Morini 162 or old Steyrs. From day one I did not like the curved one I got on LP 10 and after trying Morini 162, I ordered the old Steyr’s one (10,43 € + shipping). However, even than one could be straighter and slightly narrow. I guess the straight trigger gives more uniform filling on the finger pad as opposed to curved one regardless how you place the finger.
Please, can you tell me where do you ordinate the trigger?
Thanks,
Luca.
Directly from the factory via email. Ms. Manuela Weinzerl is the person (m.weinzerl@steyr-sport.com) to contact. I had sent the money via bank transfer upon receiving offer invoice. I asked that the trigger shoe be sent in a simple envelope without any invoice to avoid custom hustle (custom classification code 930***) and they dully obeyed.