Need loads for a 32 Wadcutter

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Trooperjake

Need loads for a 32 Wadcutter

Post by Trooperjake »

I need loading data for the 32 Wadcutter.
I will be using a Walther GSP.
I will be loading on a Dillon SD press with Dillon dies.
I have a quantity of Magnus Wadcutters 98 Grain.
I will be shooting at 50 yards and 25 yards.
Any help would be appreciated.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

try using the search function here, loads of info.
Pat Clarkson

Post by Pat Clarkson »

Try 1.7 gr. Titegroup
renzo

Post by renzo »

1.8 gr. Bullseye were very accurate in my P-240, and cycled flawlessly with 88 gr. LWC's.

Recently the technical people at Accurate powders suggested me - for the same bullet weight as you're using - between 1.5 (min) and 1.8 (max) gr. of Accurate # 2, but I haven't tried it yet.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you can get the AA#2, that would be great as it meters so beautifully in small charges. If you could find an old batch of WW452AA (Hodgdon Trap 100) it would meter well, too.
fc60

Bullets Size Is Paramount

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The Walther GSP-C and Expert models "usually" have groove diameters of 0.314".

I suggest using H&N 0.314" HBWC with 1.4 grains of VV N310.

If you go with a cast bullet, be sure it is sized to 0.314" minimum and use 1.65 grains of Winchester WST powder.

I recommend the use of Lapua, R-P, or Fiocchi brass. Avoid StarLine, W-W, and Federal as the case walls are too thick in the midsection for loading full wadcutter bullets.

Last, make sure the barrel is CLEAN. I use Hoppes #9 and a 0.338 Rifle Brass Brush to clean out the fouling from the barrel and chamber. Push the brush all the way through (Do no reverse direction with the brush in the barrel).

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Dave Wilson
chukeeee

Post by chukeeee »

My wife and I both have GSP 32's, I have had great results with VV N310. I load 1.7 gr. for 50 yards, and 1.4 gr. for 25 yards. I used to use the Magnus wadcutters, but grew tired of sorting out the imperfect bullets. I switched to Dardas bullets. the bullets look like he uses the same mould, but after several thousand, I still haven't had to reject any. They come in several diameters, I use .314 in our Walthers. Good luck and good shooting
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

One of the good things about the Dardas is that they are very hard and don't swage down any if the brass is too tight.