Best sights for the Anschutz 1913?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jdsafari

Best sights for the Anschutz 1913?

Post by jdsafari »

Going backwards :-)

I have a Anschutz 1913 Supermatch that I bought from my friend who was quitting small bore. The current set up is with a very nice Leupold scope, but I prefer to shoot iron sights (recovering highpower shooter and USPSA single stack guy that I am).

I would appreciate any advice on what sight set to use for this set up.
And where to purchase them.

Many thanks,

JD
justadude

Post by justadude »

For just a basic sight set the Anschutz 6834 would get you going. Those can be had for $350 or so. For around $150 more is the Anschutz 7020, which is their top of the line sight. For just getting going the 6834 is fine although the design is a bit dated. The 7020 woud be overkill right now but would carry you as far as you can go in smallbore shooting.

Talk to someone like Champions Choice or Champion Shooters Supply and they should be able to set you up.

You will almost immediately want to get an adjustable rear iris. Anschutz, Centra and Gehmann all sell them. (Some of the Anschutz stuff is rebranded Centra) A basic model with iris adjustment and a few filters can be really helpful. You don't have to go nuts and get some $300+ unit to have a really useful accessory.
jdsafari

sights!

Post by jdsafari »

Thank you!
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have brand new 6834 sight set that came with my 9003. They have never been out of the box. 300.00 plus shipping from 16801. If you are interested send me a PM and I can send pics.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

I LOVE the 7020 sight. But then again I shoot with a mean cant, so the cant adjustment is almost a necessity. (I even bought one of these sights for my FWB 700 air rifle)

Matt
willymakit

sights

Post by willymakit »

For my "OLD EYES", Warner rear, Right Sight front w/.5 lens. It's like cheating! willy