Tampa area clubs

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MauserP08

Tampa area clubs

Post by MauserP08 »

Hello Everyone.
I have a friend who lives in Tampa, Florida who I been talking to about my daughters shooting. He told me he would like to have his kids give air rifle a try but does not know where to go. Does anyone know of any clubs or ranges he can take them to check out the sport? Any help and advise is appreciated.
Thanks.
Sid.
Lane

Tampa area clubs

Post by Lane »

There is only one club that I know of that is active in air rifle and air pistol in the Tampa area. That is the Wyoming Antelope Club. They have sent several juniors to Colorado Springs Olympic Center. They have a dedicated air gun range for both rifle and pistol and are currently having a fund raiser to build a first class range for the sport.

This is not your typical cheap air gun shooting though as this is serious equipment and training. But it would be a great place to get the young people familiar with the sport and be able to watch and maybe borrow an air gun. I also believe that the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol club ( Orlando) has some activities going on. Just Google Wyoming Antelope Club Florida chapter. On their web site is a club news letter with schedules and phone numbers and directions.
MauserP08

Post by MauserP08 »

Hi Lane,
Thanks for the reply. I will pass the information along to my buddy and have him check them out.

Love your avatar. Did you make that yourself?
Sid.