Prone only jackets???

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Prone only jackets???

Post by tenring »

I only shoot prone. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the jackets made for the prone position.

Thanks,

Tenring
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Kurt Thune do a prone only jacket specifically taylored for prone comfort.

Gehmann also do a leather/canvas mix prone jacket worth a look.

Check both their web sites.

JSB
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

JSBmatch wrote:Kurt Thune do a prone only jacket specifically taylored for prone comfort.

Gehmann also do a leather/canvas mix prone jacket worth a look.

Check both their web sites.

JSB
The OP asked for experience. Their websites are going to be marketting stuff.

I personally have no experience of them so can't comment. I would suggest though if you get a made to measure non-prone special jacket then it will do the job just as well. The choice then becomes which make and what material...

Rob.
tenring

Post by tenring »

Thanks Robb, Yea I wasn't getting anywhere with the websites. If I spend that much money, I just want to know I know what I need to know. If you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Tenring
skylark

Post by skylark »

I went for the KT non-prone style jacket, although I am a prone shooter, based on advice from the fitter that it has more separate panels on the front so can be shaped more specifically...but I'm female. Men have fewer curves to fit :)
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

I just received my new KT Prone jacket a few days ago. Have fitted the buttons and still getting my sling placement. Have only used on SCATT two days; no range time until this weekend. A big difference for me having a custom coat. I am 5'6" and fairly slim sized. My Gehmann coat was much too large and long in the arm causing material to bunch up under the sling and near the rifle stock. The coat was essentially worn out with the seams unravelling, especially where the sleeves attach, causing stretching when in position. Although not nearly setup as yet, I immediately observed a consistent 20-25% reduction in trace movement (L) with less pulse on the SCATT and I feel completely locked in.

The coat is much lighter as the overall length is shorter than the non-Prone jackets and the canvas doesn't have to be as thick. What would you like to know?
Dennis
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

dlinden wrote:I just received my new KT Prone jacket a few days ago. Have fitted the buttons and still getting my sling placement. Have only used on SCATT two days; no range time until this weekend. A big difference for me having a custom coat. I am 5'6" and fairly slim sized. My Gehmann coat was much too large and long in the arm causing material to bunch up under the sling and near the rifle stock. The coat was essentially worn out with the seams unravelling, especially where the sleeves attach, causing stretching when in position. Although not nearly setup as yet, I immediately observed a consistent 20-25% reduction in trace movement (L) with less pulse on the SCATT and I feel completely locked in.

The coat is much lighter as the overall length is shorter than the non-Prone jackets and the canvas doesn't have to be as thick. What would you like to know?
Dennis
Dennis I to am thinking of getting that coat did you go with the canvas or leather option, and who had the best deal(price)for MTM?

Thanks Doug
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

I purchased the canvas jacket.
You would be haqppy with Larry Sawyer, George Brenzovich or the Raab's. The key is getting measured properly.
I don't know what MTM means.
Dennis
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

dlinden wrote:I purchased the canvas jacket.
You would be haqppy with Larry Sawyer, George Brenzovich or the Raab's. The key is getting measured properly.
I don't know what MTM means.
Dennis
Thanks for the info I was thinking canvas too, dont know if there is a need for leather. BTW MTM means made to measure.

Doug
Globesmasher17

Re: Prone only jackets???

Post by Globesmasher17 »

tenring wrote:I only shoot prone. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the jackets made for the prone position.

Thanks,

Tenring
Tenring:
I have had the KT MTM canvas prone only jacket for just over one year now. I am very happy with it. The MTM is key - don't cut corners here and make sure it is done correctly. AND take your time placing the buttons.

It was a tad pricey (I thought) but I have been very happy with the comfort and fit - and it appears to be "wearing" well after one year.

I think the model is the "canvas prone 600" jacket - cheaper than the leather.
Shooterer

Re: Prone only jackets???

Post by Shooterer »

Globesmasher17 wrote:
I think the model is the "canvas prone 600" jacket - cheaper than the leather.
http://www.kurtthune.com/applications/C ... &ItemID=39