cataracts and irons

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

efoleyjr

cataracts and irons

Post by efoleyjr »

I am thinking about cataract surgery and would like to know other old shooters experences with the procedure. I am a distinguished SB and Big bore shooter, 40 yrs ago, and at 67 with a 20+ year layoff can't shoot irons for crap but shoot good scope scores. I have tried glasses,rightsight and all other options but with no luck.I will shoot 2 or 3 X's and then a wide or high/low 9 with no idea where it came from. What has been your experience if you have had cataracts removed? Did it help with irons and scope?

Ed Foley
Gl17oxford

cataracts and irons

Post by Gl17oxford »

Sort answer is YES!!! A seriously non-involved procedure. I was back at work the next day, And the dust bunny that lived in my Irons was GONE! The cataract in my right eye was dead center but I did not realize that was the problem until I had the cataracts removed. Amazing improvement. It is a new world.
drphysic

Post by drphysic »

I had double cataracts blow-up 2 years ago from taking a statin drug for 3 days, and ended up getting surgery for both eyes. Had just started shooting again since Jr. High, I'm now 65, and while I don't have a lot to compare with immediately before and after, I have won both the local and state Senior Olympic air rifle standing competitions this spring and summer, 2nd in supported, and I'm sure my clear sight has played a role. Now I'm starting to train with an LP-10 and will have to work out the issues with sight vs target focus since my eyes don't any more. I would have no hesitation to get the surgery if your cataracts are adversely affecting your sight.