RIKA World Champion

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

SMBeyer

RIKA World Champion

Post by SMBeyer »

Went down to shoot tonight and my RIKA target return is not working. Checked and I have power, all conections are good, the motor turns freely and everything seems ok but it doesn't work. Any suggestions on what to check? Scott
RobStubbs

Re: RIKA World Champion

Post by RobStubbs »

SMBeyer wrote:Went down to shoot tonight and my RIKA target return is not working. Checked and I have power, all conections are good, the motor turns freely and everything seems ok but it doesn't work. Any suggestions on what to check? Scott
Tension ? Does the motor run ok if you take the string off ? Our returners are a different make, but most of our problems are around tension or too much resistance.

Rob.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

I took the strings off, took the plug apart to check connections, tried different outlet, took the bottom panel off to check connections inside and everything seems ok. There appears to be a reset button on the back but pushing it didn't do anything either.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Scott
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Get someone who knows what they are doing with a multi-meter to check it.

I don't know the insides of the Rika but I'm pretty certain it isn't going to be rocket science.

Usual safety rules with electricity; a shock can seriously spoil your day.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

I just looked at the exploded view at Pilkingtons web site and what I thought was a reset button is a fuse cover. It appears to be blown so I will get a new one and that should take care of it. Thanks Scott