New shooting coat quetions and opinions wanted

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

zackdude

New shooting coat quetions and opinions wanted

Post by zackdude »

Hi, I shoot 3-p smallbore rifle and 10m air rifle and im currently using a Kurt Thune Adventure series off the rack suit. It fits ok but ive had for awhile and im having a problem with getting shoulder contact with the upper piece of my buttplate. It seams to be because the canvas is bulging out. Ive tried tightening the prone straps to take away some of material, but it doesnt really let my shoulder realax the way i want it to. One of my teammates has a Monard Super jacket that has leather in the right shoulder and looks like it would help my problem. But im not sure which company to go with. I know i want it custom fitted and leather in the shoulder, not sure what else. im also not sure about the new material with elastomer in it. What do you guys think?
tenring

Post by tenring »

Come on guys. Someone has some experience with coats don't they. Help this guy out. Someone has got to have some opinions based on their experience.

Tenring
skylark

Post by skylark »

Not quite sure what the issue is here - if your shoulder contact is bad, my first instinct would be to adjust the buttplate. (Though I know that's limited for the air rifle, if you're shooting ISSF). Have you got folds of cloth coming over the front of your shoulder and interfering? Which position(s) are you having an issue with?

If you can't relax your shoulder, is the jacket maybe a bit small and pinching under the arm? I'm not sure why a leather shoulder would make a difference here.

I have a MTM Adventure and like it a lot (and I used to have a fully leather jacket), but I'm just a prone shooter. (Daughter keeps trying to encourage me back into 3P...)