CUSTOM MADE GRIPS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RapidShoota

Post by RapidShoota »

TB,

I haven't received any private messages...

However, I may not know how to use such featured coherently.

RapidShoota
Billy75

Post by Billy75 »

Have a search around for Barry Cameron. He is a grip maker from the western suburbs of Sydney.

I have never had one made by him but from all reports he does a nice job.

I had my grips made by Sergei in Melbourne. He is a unbelievable craftsman, but it is a big committment to get yourself there. I was there for two days getting two grips done, then had my flight cancelled on the way home and had to wait overnight.

The results were well worth it though in my opinion.
RapidShoota

Post by RapidShoota »

Billy75,

Do you shoot rapid fire??

I have a question regarding your grips made from Sergei...

How does the fit feel when you are pulling the trigger for other than precision?

Does the grip feel like there is any movement whilst maintaining sight picture and pulling the trigger?

Does the Sergei grip give full contact to your whole hand, even whilst holding firmly?

Does your hand slot into the same position every single time you place your hand the grip?

Rapidshoota
Billy75

Post by Billy75 »

I am very happy with the grips made by Sergei.

It may seem a bit cliche, but they fit like a glove.

He has great attention to detail, that why they take over 8 hours each to make.

His reputation speaks for itself in elite shooting circles.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

A74BEDLM wrote:Has anyone heard from or used Marschalgrips.com recently?
I sent them an email a month ago about grips for a Baikal MCM and had no response - there is no contact tel number either?

Could be just my hotmail being blocked?!
I've had exactly the same problem. I emailed them (Gustav and Dennis) in March and have since followed up three times without hearing a peep. I too was looking for a grip for an Baikal MCM and also a Walther GSP.
Anyone know if they are still in business (their website is still active).
RapidShoota

Post by RapidShoota »

Fellow Shooters,

I read and re-read all of the comments that were posted. As I live in Sydney and still in the first 6 months of a probation licence, my options are limited with whom I can get a grip made from.

I stayed locall and called Barry Cameron, explainied my situation and he was most welcoming with my circumstances.
After 3 hours of back and forth, the grip was complete.

At first shoot with new grip, I added 17 points to my personal best.

A little more shooting presnted the fact that I needed adjustments.
Not knowing the mechanics of it all, I still tried adjust with sandpaper and a dremell, but couldn't create the right fit.

I called Barry again and his knowledge, effort and enthusiasm toward helping me achieve my goal was unbelievable.

He came out to the range where the pistol is stored with a bag of goodies and went to work. He taught me how to adjust and the basic mechanics so that I would be confident in making the correct adjustments in the future.

Barry ensured my complete happiness and confidence before he left and I was on my way again. UNREAL!!!

Since then, I have used the knowledge Barry instilled in me regarding grip adjustment and through continous application with coinfidence, I have found a formula that is working great with still more improvements to come.

I haven't been able to shoot a match with this grip yet as my slide is cracked and awaiting new parts, so I'm dry firing up the wazoo and the sights are more stable and consistent than ever.

Again, I'm appreciative of all the posts as I have what I want.

Thanks to all and Barry

RapidShoota
:)
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

That's great Rapid. I saw Barry's name up on the board at my club (SIPC) and was going to give him a call when I can get my hands back on my GSP.
dino911

custom grips

Post by dino911 »

Hi all ,

I can also confirm that Barry Cameron does an excellent job with grips , especially american black walnut! , as I have had a few made by him over the years. The attention to detail is second to none.

regards
Dean
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I suppose there's still no news about/from the Marschals?
Bob
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

I'd like to get a grip made for my Baikal 46M. If you think Barry Cameron would do it, how do I get in touch with him from the states? Anyone with his email?

Thanks In Advance,
Richard
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Scrench wrote:I'd like to get a grip made for my Baikal 46M. If you think Barry Cameron would do it, how do I get in touch with him from the states? Anyone with his email?

Thanks In Advance,
Richard
Given that Barry normally does at least one (preferably more) face-to-face fitting session with the shooter to fine tune the fitting, that could be an expensive exercise.

I will pass on your enquiry on Wednesday.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

Yes that would make it a little impractical, but maybe he could do it with a detailed drawing of my hand or a plaster mold. Thanks for asking him.

Richard
scrench@cox.net
tackdriving

Post by tackdriving »

My New Rink grip is just fantastic, its transformed my Benelli into a real serious shooter.
chuckjordan

No email reply from Marschalgrips.com

Post by chuckjordan »

I emailed them 3 weeks ago with no reply. Could it be that I'm looking for a TOZ35 grip?

The email is listed in the UK (I'm in the States), Don't know if someone in the UK has a contact.

I see that you can still order other grips online: http://www.marschalgrips.com/onlineorder/shop2.html

Has anyone just ordered and received anything lately (2011)?
David Levene

Re: No email reply from Marschalgrips.com

Post by David Levene »

chuckjordan wrote:The email is listed in the UK (I'm in the States), Don't know if someone in the UK has a contact.
He's using a yahoo.co.uk email address. That's about as universal as a gmail.com address.

I thought he was based in Hungary.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

I am looking for a Baikal MCM Margolin grip and Marschall were the only one's who seem to make ISSF grips for these pistols. Its looking more and more likely they have gone out of business but website still up - no response to emails - no company listing for address or telephone number on the usual company search websites.

Anyone else make MCM Margolin grips?
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

I googled about marschalgrips and there were some recent hits. People were successfully ordering from him (them) and receiving grips (from as recent as July 2011). Payments are by PayPal (which I believe could be refunded is the doesn't deliver). So I see little risk.

If he had a different grip on a gun that I could use, I'd order it and see what happens. PayPal could always refund it (so you'd be floating some money).
top end

Post by top end »

Grips for Margolins are sold by RPG Estate Firearms in Australia - basic orthopaedic - just google and look.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Unfortunately the Baikal MCM Margolin grip is not one of the grips you can order on the website as no listing on the order forms. I emailed the Australian company in the post above a few days after the post but no response from them either. Looking like a custom grip from Rink might be the only option.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

RPG were getting the Margolin grips from a supplier in Queensland which was having them hand made by a Thai gent who returned to Thailand when the troubles started there and has not returned.

Looks like that source of Margolin grips has dried up too...

Bob