List of Upcoming 3p & International air rifle matches?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

headwizard

List of Upcoming 3p & International air rifle matches?

Post by headwizard »

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but is there a web site, spreadsheet or some other list of upcoming matches anywhere? It could be regional, national, something?

I'd like to get my newer shooters out to more competitions and just don't have the knowledge on where to find the info.

HEY, here's an idea, how about an updatable forum or list or spreadsheet of matches right here on TargetTalk?

Thanks-
Don
randy1952

Re: List of Upcoming 3p & International air rifle matche

Post by randy1952 »

headwizard wrote:Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but is there a web site, spreadsheet or some other list of upcoming matches anywhere? It could be regional, national, something?

I'd like to get my newer shooters out to more competitions and just don't have the knowledge on where to find the info.

HEY, here's an idea, how about an updatable forum or list or spreadsheet of matches right here on TargetTalk?

Thanks-
Don
Where do you live?
headwizard

Post by headwizard »

DC Metro area.
randy1952

Matches

Post by randy1952 »

headwizard wrote:DC Metro area.
Lookup the matches on the USA Shooting, CMP, and NRA Websites for upcoming matches. The nearest club that is probably putting on matches is the Acorn club.
headwizard

Re: Matches

Post by headwizard »

randy1952 wrote:
Lookup the matches on the USA Shooting, CMP, and NRA Websites for upcoming matches. The nearest club that is probably putting on matches is the Acorn club.
Thanks-
The Acorns actually shoot at our range, the Arlington Fairfax Izaak Walton League in Centreville, VA.

What I was suggesting was a "clearinghouse" type list of all the matches nationally or in an area by date. I'm familiar with the sites you mentioned above and use them. Some local matches are not advertised there.
Don
randy1952

Re: Matches

Post by randy1952 »

headwizard wrote:
randy1952 wrote:
Thanks-
The Acorns actually shoot at our range, the Arlington Fairfax Izaak Walton League in Centreville, VA.

What I was suggesting was a "clearinghouse" type list of all the matches nationally or in an area by date. I'm familiar with the sites you mentioned above and use them. Some local matches are not advertised there.
Don
If your expecting the NRA and USAS organizations to cooperate in doing this forget it. The political animosity between the NRA and USAS organizations is probably to great. They would probably tell you that they are stretching the limits of their resources already and in the case of USAS this would probably be true. I am afraid that when USAS was created they expected all the resources that the NRA was getting and more and when the expected money didn't materialize the organization has struggled and the problem over the years has only gotten worse. I would expect that sometime in the future the organization will reach a breaking point.