Air pistol???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
firefirst

Air pistol???

Post by firefirst »

I am looking for one, that will take alot of shooting target practice, I would like a used one so it will not be as costly, anyone no were to get one or anyone have one, not one made in the US I love the US but not for air pistols 177 cal single pump anyone ,need some help thanks
Rover

Post by Rover »

There are only five that meet your requirements; the Pardini K58, a best buy in terms of quality and price; the IZH46M, cheap with grips that you will really need to work with; the FWB 100 series (100,102,103), top quality but pricey; the Walther LPM1, very nice; and the FAS 604, pretty decent but low power. There is also a Gamo, but you can forget that.

Hunt for those specific models until you find one in your price range. Use light pellets for optimum performance.

Good luck!
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Rover wrote:

the IZH46M, cheap with grips that you will really need to work with.
The pistol used to be cheap, but with the recent increase in price, it is now around $480.

Nothing in this pistol is built cheap, and it can hold its own in terms of accuracy against any other high end airpistol.

Have patience and one will appear eventually or you can check the yellow forum in classified airgun ads.

Kevin
william

Post by william »

And don't neglect the FWB 65. Not technically a "single pump," it's accurate; and there seems to be a lot of parts/service support.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Good thought on the FWB 65. Not only are they extremely accurate and top quality, they are far easier to shoot than many who haven't used them give them credit for. They also have features where they can generate recoil for .22 practice along with increased trigger weight.

I would still prefer a K58, though. You should be able to find a used one for the price of a new IZH46M.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

"Should" be able to find a K58... well, I looked for a month and couldn't fine a used K58, so I bought a barely-used 46m so I could move beyond the limits of my Gamo Center. I don't regret this purchase at all. Had to modify a bunch of things to really make the pistol 'mine' but that's my own problem with modifying everything. A stock 46m but with grip modifications would probably suit most folks getting started in 10m AP. Mine gave me a new personal best on my very first series, a couple of days after receiving it, with no grip modifications nor anything else changed but a bit of sighting in.
william

Post by william »

Rover,
If you can find a nice used K58 for the price of a new Izx46 I'll take 2.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Funny, I didn't see you guys ads in Classified looking for a K58.
william

Post by william »

Nothing intended to be humorous. I can picture the listing now: Want to Steal - Pardini K58 in good working order for 2/3 of what it's really worth. If you have one or more that you're willing to part with for $425 or so I'll take them.

Otherwise I was clumsily wishing firefirst and/or Gerard good luck in finding a K58 for Izh46 money.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I'd have put up a 'wanted' ad had I realised that such things were welcome. I was just checking the classifieds here and on CAF and anywhere else I could think of, several times per day for about a month. Then I managed to find a barely-used (I think less than one tin of pellets) 46m for $460, from another Canadian so no border issues in shipping, and jumped at the bargain. I was also on the waiting lists with several airgun suppliers, but none had a 46m come into stock before I found this one.

The K58 is a sweet pistol, and by all means to try to get one if you can. I'd just not expect too many to come available since they're so nice that people generally don't part with them, and when one does come up it's usually well over $600 from the archived sales listings I've found. As I'm new to air pistol, I was having a hard enough time justifying a $460 purchase to my wife, who distinctly disapproves of the hobby. She's tolerating it let's say... but if I started dumping bigger cash into it she'd probably explode.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The last ones I and a friend bought were for $400. About 18 months later he sold his for the same price.

Anyone out there willing to sell their K58 for $500? I have a couple of potential customers for you.
pauln

Post by pauln »

Make that three , i will have one to lol but wont hold my breath
pauln

Post by pauln »

double post
networkguy3

K58

Post by networkguy3 »

I'd go for one too. I'd make it $600 for one in good shape. However, I'm not holding my breath either.
Rover

Post by Rover »