What happened to Szarenski?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
renzo

What happened to Szarenski?

Post by renzo »

Sorry if something bad happened and I didn't know, but I've just checked the FP results at Munich and noticed that Daryl Szarenski didn't even made to the qualy round, after a 571 score in the Elimination 1 round.

Could somebody tell me what happened?? I've searched the net to no avail.

Thanks
Spencer

Re: What happened to Szarenski?

Post by Spencer »

renzo wrote:Sorry if something bad happened and I didn't know, but I've just checked the FP results at Munich and noticed that Daryl Szarenski didn't even made to the qualy round, after a 571 score in the Elimination 1 round.

Thanks
?
66th, 541 - 04x
flolo

Post by flolo »

The only thing you could've missed today in munich was snow. It was cold , rainy , some sun , rain again, getting colder, getting more rain and so on.
In short terms: pretty difficult, minutely changing conditions. Maybe that's a reason...
renzo

Re: What happened to Szarenski?

Post by renzo »

Spencer wrote:
renzo wrote:Sorry if something bad happened and I didn't know, but I've just checked the FP results at Munich and noticed that Daryl Szarenski didn't even made to the qualy round, after a 571 score in the Elimination 1 round.

Thanks
?
66th, 541 - 04x
My bad!!!

Confidence took the best out of me: I didn't scroll the results far enough to find him in such an unusual place.

Thanks
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

flolo wrote:The only thing you could've missed today in munich was snow. It was cold , rainy , some sun , rain again, getting colder, getting more rain and so on.
In short terms: pretty difficult, minutely changing conditions. Maybe that's a reason...
Standard issue Munich World Cup...
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

50M Free Pistol is shot indoor at Munich.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

seamaster wrote:50M Free Pistol is shot indoor at Munich.
Nope, somewhat enclosed, but outdoors none the less. You can feel the wind and the cold.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Only the Finals
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Greg Derr wrote:
Nope, somewhat enclosed, but outdoors none the less. You can feel the wind and the cold.
As mentioned it's shot outdoors - as all 50m events have to be. The finals hall is indoors. The weather was ok though for the free pistol - it worsened through the day.

Rob
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

RobStubbs wrote:...As mentioned it's shot outdoors - as all 50m events have to be. The finals hall is indoors. The weather was ok though for the free pistol - it worsened through the day.

Rob
6.3.6.3.3.1 50m and 25m ranges should, whenever possible, be outdoor ranges but may be exceptionally indoor or closed ranges if required by legal or climatic conditions.
BEA

Szarenski in FP

Post by BEA »

To start off with, I do not know what it is like to break 570 with a FP. However, I have shot in the 560's many times so I can somewhat appreciate what might have been his thought process. To shoot at a 570 level, your shot execution is operating at near perfection. The shooter's mental state is balancing on a very fine line. If the balance tips, the score change can be pretty radical. For whatever reason, this is evidently what happened to Daryl. He hit his mental peak a day too soon. I have to imagine his disappointment and disbelief when starting out with a 89 on match day after having shot in the mid to upper 90's the previous day. Perhaps this disappointment manifested itself and he just could not recover. At any rate, I applaud him on what he has accomplished in becoming one of the finest precision shooters in the world.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Don't forget that he has another bite of the cherry this morning - so will be interesting to see how he fairs.

Rob
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

580 rank 21
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Haleva wrote:580 rank 21
Yep not a great day in the office for him, although Brian Beaman had a shoot off for a place in the finals, which he lost out on to Kopp and Lapeyre (and shot 582).

Rob.
renzo

Post by renzo »

Talking about "bad days" (although this doesn't really belong in here being about a rifleman) Norwegian FR50 shooter Ole Bakken entered the final in second place with a 400/400 score in the prone position and a very respectable 1179/1200 qualy, and then started it with a 5.5!!!!

Poor guy after that sealed his coffin with a 7.8 in the third round, finished eight overall. Hope he has better luck in the next WC.
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

RobStubbs wrote:
Yep not a great day in the office for him, although Brian Beaman had a shoot off for a place in the finals, which he lost out on to Kopp and Lapeyre (and shot 582).

Rob.
The overall level shawn in munich was very high. Almost all top level shooters arrived and the competition was very strong. The average entry level to the final was a bit higher than usual (in rifle it was extreme). I guess that the fact that each country can send up to 3 competitors to compete and the tendancy of all top shooter to arrive to munich specially when this is one of the last chances to win quota place, made this competition very hard.
MDK

Post by MDK »

And what happened to Matsuda (World Champion)? He shot a zero in the last shot of air pistol.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

MDK wrote:And what happened to Matsuda (World Champion)? He shot a zero in the last shot of air pistol.
He wasn't having a good day and appeared to struggle with some poor (for him strings). His body language was certainly less positive than when he shot in the free pistol final. I didn't watch him shoot the end so can't comment, but there were odd issues with the targetry not communicating with the suis ascor results site very well, and some odd results artificially appearing on the suis results site.
The overall level shawn in munich was very high. Almost all top level shooters arrived and the competition was very strong. The average entry level to the final was a bit higher than usual (in rifle it was extreme). I guess that the fact that each country can send up to 3 competitors to compete and the tendancy of all top shooter to arrive to munich specially when this is one of the last chances to win quota place, made this competition very hard.
Not sure I'd agree with that. 599, 598 and 597 into the prone final doesn't strike me as anything unusual, plus on that day the weather was really good for prone shooting. Compare that with the eliminations rounds and you'll see lower scores because the wind was very bad (one of my friends wind flags actually blew off !).

I don't really keep track of all the scores but nothing struck me as exceptional for a world cup.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:I don't really keep track of all the scores but nothing struck me as exceptional for a world cup.
2 women on 385 not making the final of the AP40? I can't remember that ever happening before.

Maybe not an exceptional individual score but certainly an exceptional level of competition.
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

I would add also the women air rifle in which 4 shooters that shot 398 did not make it into the final