Pardini SP vs SP New

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

networkguy3

Pardini SP vs SP New

Post by networkguy3 »

I want to purchase a Pardini SP. I have been looking on auction sites and find that there are a number of SPs available. Is there any significant reason to not purchase one of the older SPs? I know there is an issue with the new magazines working in the older models, but also understand the issue can be resolved relatively easily. It appears that I can easily purchase one of the older models used, but will probably have to purchase a new gun to get the newer model and that will cost an additional $500 or so. Is it worth the additional money? Essentially, I can get a used gun, a scope mount, a good red dot, extra magazines and a Rink grip for about the same price as a new gun.

I'd appreciate any insight you may be able to offer.
tenex

Post by tenex »

I have an older SP (2001 or so), I wouldn't trade it for a new one. The new ones have more weights in the recoil absorber, but after all is said and done the overall weight and balance is not much different.

I bought a few new magazines that did not fit. The dealer and the factory didn't seem too concerned that I spent $120 on parts I couldn't use, so after waiting over a year for them to get back to me I got disgusted and filed them myself. They work fine.

You don't need a mount, the older guns (and I think the newer guns) have a built in grove. You can buy specific rings, or just modify them (I used the Millett vertically split aluminum rings and filed down the bases).

I wouldn't avoid a new one, but if I could save $500 on a clean used one I'd consider it. The problem is finding a decent used one. Not a lot of people seem to want to sell theirs around here.

Good luck,
Steve.
networkguy3

Pardini SP and SP New

Post by networkguy3 »

People don't seem too excited to sell either their older or their newer guns. The SP really seems to be a keeper for most people. That is great, unless you are trying to find one used. . . . . . .
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

looking for a used Pardini, check out gunsamerica.com they pop up there often.

btw, I've got an older one and love it. It feels like your cheating when you compete with it, its that much better.
38HBWC

SP22

Post by 38HBWC »

I have no experience with SP New, sorry. However, aside from the fact that I overadjusted my trigger and it does not work now, the Old SP is a keeper. If the house were burning, I'd leave the Trophy, Trailsides, M-41s and M-17 wheelguns behind. Funny, the Euro grip angle is not popular in USA, too bad......the 1911 grip angle is nothing compared to Euro angle.
Stephen51861

SP OLD & SP NEW

Post by Stephen51861 »

I have experience with both pistols. I like the old trigger just fine but the new trigger is better. However, the SP1 Electronic trigger is exceptional. If money were no object I would buy only electronic trigger Pardini's. I will not buy another OLDer Pardini because the trigger of the new is better. That being said, they are all fine pistols.
networkguy3

Pleased with SP New

Post by networkguy3 »

Well, I ended up getting an SP New that I found on GunBroker. I love the trigger on the New. In fact I really like the gun, especially since yesterday I shot the best target of my life - a clean B-8 with 8 Xs. It is so much easier to shoot the SP than the Buckmarks, Rugers, and M41s that I've shot before. Now I'm hooked and I want to get the Pardini HP as well. . . . . . I think there are lots of factors. My SP has Rink grips on it which I really like. I think the balance also contributes to making it easy to shoot. However, I can easily see how people would not like the SP New with all 6 weights in it. It does tend to be nose heavy. I really like the recoil recovery with all 6 weights in it, so I left it that way.
38HBWC

Old SP 22

Post by 38HBWC »

Congrats on buying a new toy! I ordered the compensator sold by The Shooter's Box. I am proud to declare that the pistol is recoiless. I am suprised at how much "smoke" gasses blow out of the vertical vent. I switched to Federal Auto Match ammo. $14.47 a box at WallyWorld and for cheap retail ammo, it is amazing. I re zeroed the Ultra Dot for 50yards. and nailed a 96/3x. Take care
yana

Post by yana »

I have an old SP (but already having Pardini on it, not Fiocchi).
You dont have the weight and buffer up front. And it has new trigger system.
But main issue for mé is that trigger position is limited; cant get the blade forward enough.
I held a new 1, cant say it held very differently, grip wise.