Pardini SP--Anything to watch for?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Amanda4461

Post by Amanda4461 »

Open to any suggestions. I am one of those who like the finer stuff. Typically shoot Bullseye or Silhouette, normally with a S&W M41, HS Citation, or a Benelli MP90s. The Benelli is the finest of my collection of .22s. Decided I wanted to check out a Pardini, just because. I really enjoy the trigger on these pistols. I shoot my new one for the first time Saturday. How much lube do they like, any ammo they detest or do well with, reliability-wise? Any known weak points, etc?
I did find out that they will accept a 30mm UltraDot Matchdot, and do not need the special 1" rings and 1" Ultradot-4 that I was told was necessary. Of course, the SP that I received was bought via LGI sight-unseen, so the ramp may have changed, assuming that this one is of late manufacture. I enjoyed the package deal LGI had where I sent in an old HS Citation for a tax donation, with the pistol going to some Junior shooters, and LGI dropping the Pardini $300. Nice thinking to set that deal up.
Anyone having any suggestions, please feel free to speak up. It only took me 30 seconds to realize that I'll never translate the owner's manual to Hillbilly.
Thanks!
Amanda4461
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

It's a fine pistol and you will likely be extremely happy with it.

Light lube works just fine....I use FP10 but I suspect any quality oil will do just as well.

Eley (less expensive purple box) as well as Wolf (match target or match extra) perform flawlessly and group nicely in my SP. In contrast PMC and CCI do not function reliably. I get consistently poor groups with Fiochhi and Federal ammo.

Depending on the ammo.....it requires a minimal scrubbing every 500-750 rounds. Special attention should be given to the chamber which if not cleaned thoroughly will result in light hits and misfires A .223 brush bent at 90 degrees works very nicely.

A very worthwhile upgrade is a replacement trigger from DJ Precision ($25):

http://user.mc.net/~drweber/pardini/par ... igger.html

It provides a greater surface area and makes an already world class trigger feel even better.

I keep at least one spare recoil spring, firing pin, recoil buffer and extractor on hand.

Congrats and good shooting tomorrow!
Amanda4461

Post by Amanda4461 »

orionshooter--
Thanks for the link to the wide trigger. After shooting the SP for the first time, I may find that small acessory worthwhile. The pistol was flawless with Wolf MT. After three shots, the UltraDot was in the X-ring at 25 meters. 50 rounds later, just one small ragged hole. Moved the target frame to 50 meters, and while the hole was about twice the diameter, it was again just one ragged hole in the X-ring. Guess I just ran out of excuses:-)
Thanks....Amanda4461
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

Sounds like you had a great day. Congrats!
BEA

Pardini SP

Post by BEA »

Before purchasing my SP last fall, I had heard that CCI would not function well, but I have not had any problems with it. I have shot CCI Standard velocity as well as some Green Tag with 100% reliability. Hope you enjoy your new purchase.
Amanda4461

Post by Amanda4461 »

BEA--
Today was a fun day with the SP. Tried the dreaded CCI SV, RWS Target Rifle, and Federal 711-B. Imagine my surprise when the Internet Demon CCI SV, the old too-long one, functioned 100% through an entire 100 round box. RWS Target Rifle functioned perfectly, but grouped all over the place at 50 meters. 711-B grouped better than CCI, but so far Wolf MT wins the groupings at 50 meters. ALL loads that I have tried have functioned 100% and no FTF or jams of any kind. No different than my Benelli MP90s, other than it has a much different trigger and grip angle.
I do believe that the CCI SV will do fine for 50'. I used it to get my irons set up for 50', and it was fine. Slid the Matchdot back in place, and was only off 1 click at 50 meters. I can't remove the bottom scope mount pins on my MP90s and get the Matchdot back in place like I did the SP. Al in all, I am really enthused with the SP.
Amanda4461
38HBWC

SP22

Post by 38HBWC »

I shoot Federal Auto Match in mine (the old 'Champion') and have little complaint. I might average a light load or a mis-fire in the ratio ot 1:1500. I have a mixed lot of purchased boxes, so I have no idea of how long it has been sitting. SP22 isfine, but I over tweaked the trigger and cannot get it to work at all......"H E L P" .....
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

Quick question guys, where I can order spare parts for the SP RF new in the US? I mean, firing pins, springs, etc...
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

Larry's Guns or Pardini USA should have spare parts for any Pardini. They both have sites on the internet.
Amanda4461

SP Parts Supplier

Post by Amanda4461 »

LGI [info@larrysguns.com]

Larry's Guns is the distributor. He has pins/springs/parts. Mags due in EOM for .22LR SP.

LGI
56 West Gray Rd
Gray, ME 04039
PH (207) 657-4559

Amanda4461
Gwhite

Re: SP22

Post by Gwhite »

38HBWC wrote:SP22 is fine, but I over tweaked the trigger and cannot get it to work at all......"H E L P" .....
Check out this thread for diagrams of the inner workings:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=19268

Also, read Don Nygord's instructions here:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=9795

Hopefully that will get you back on track.
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

Thanks a lot people!!! Super!

Regards
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I have always used Wolf match Target ot SKJagd pistol Match imn my SP. A fellow shooter uses the Aquilla SE SV ammo and swears by it. I'll give it a try when my supply runs ouit.