ISSF Rules Third Printing

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

ISSF Rules Third Printing

Post by David Levene »

The Third Printing of the ISSF 2009 Rules is now available to download.
renzo

Post by renzo »

And how long do you think they will stand uncorrected this time???
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

David,

Thanks very much!

It is downloaded and available for use/review.

Come see us in the woods.
Jack
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

renzo wrote:And how long do you think they will stand uncorrected this time???
Thanks God I'm out of the translating system of the Brazilian NGO (composed by Mr. Jacques, Mr. B and Mr. Gros, the three of them working pro bono).

The Brazilian Championship and the online matches (one is impossible without the other) regs for 2011 were published in November, I believe, corrected and changed in Jan, Feb and March. Stopped following then.

Move to Radio Controled Gliders, no noise and until I advance to worry 'bout rules I'll much more worried about being able to see the thing in the sky...
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Just took a look, the same mistake of the first and second printings: is a monster with everything you don't need: The constitution of ISSF and shotgun mixed with rifles and pistols, plus match organization instructions and a few more items.

Lets be realistic: if you shoot shotguns you don't need the constitution and the rifle and pistol sections. The reverse is also true: general rules and whatever you shoot

Spliting it would be a favor to everybody that seems they'll never do, but for 99% of the shooters would be important. They could have the rules on a manageable size...
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jacques b gros wrote:Spliting it would be a favor to everybody that seems they'll never do, but for 99% of the shooters would be important. They could have the rules on a manageable size...
That's easy to do yourself, provided that you have a PDF creator that installs as a printer.

Just print:-

Pages 183-296 for the Technical Rules
Pages 297-324 for the Rifle Rules
Pages 325-352 for the Pistol Rules
Pages 353-360 for the 5 Shot Air Pistol Rules
Pages 361-424 for the Shotgun Rules

It's a 5 minute Job
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Hi, David!

I've done it, the Brazilian confederation has it translated and formated on a A5 paper, booklet like. Includes general rules, rifles and pistol. No shotgun because the "shotgun people"'s director of that time didn't think it important.

All anyone has to do is print front page, turn the stack and print back page, but most people is using the pdf, which has a working index: click on it, you get there. There is a back to top on each page.

I just gave up on them. Mediocrity tires less normal people...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I just download the pdf and use it on my iPad or iPhone, and use a pdf reader, like GoodReader. The indexes are live so you can just click on them and the text is fully searchable.

I fear no matter what they do people would complain about it. They provide the entire rules for free in a format that allows you to adjust them as you see fit. You can take them as they are, or spend a few minutes and just get the parts you want. Many sports actually have to pay for rule books and there are no downloadable versions.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Richard, the ISSF itself realizes that the printed edition is cumbersome and, I've been told, here in Brazil, that they are thinking of splitting it.

That they provide the rules for free in this format is not actually correct: every shooter pays to the club, the club to the federation and this to the NGO, which, in turn, pays dues to ISSF. It is of their best interest to have the rules easily available to any shooter.

What I say is that, with a little planning, they could split this 6.5mb and offer a faster download (not everybody has a fast link. Just leave the capitals or bigger cities in Brazil and you're back to the 80's, if lucky) and even in the best equipment a pdf that you don't really need more than 50% of means you waste time on it.

Good shooting.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jacques b gros wrote:I've done it, the Brazilian confederation has it translated ......
From my point of view, thank goodness for 1.21.1 ;-)
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Had to look it over to confirm...

You're right.

"Tradutore, traditore", said some betraied Caesar. But even in English you'll have doubts, as some of the persons who participate in the writting of the rules are not native to English, some of them have no writting skills (regardless of profession) and the reading agents might have some ax to grind, like the cousins of the North say...