Noptel Sport interpretation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jack Milchanowski

Noptel Sport interpretation

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Can anyone explain exactly what the Triggering Values in the Analysis Window tell the shooter or how they are to be interpreted? The two values are: 1. RTV Relative Trigger Value 2. TIRE Timing and Reaction of Triggering.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

I believe that one of them is movement within the triggering phase, and the other is movement relative to the previous few seconds of the hold. I have not used that function on my Noptel in a while, but that's what I recall. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which is which, but I'd say they are just about equally important. The triggering values should be watched closely as an indicator of hold and execution quality.
Hope this helps,
Larry
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Larry,

Thank you for the reply.

I have sent my question to Noptel and to date have not recieved a reply.

Specifically with Noptel Sport-I am trying to figure out exactly what the Analysis Window-RTV + TIRE values are telling me. J.P O'Conner sent a quick email telling me that the TIRE numbers are 1, 2, or 3 with 3 being the best. I have seen 3's with 10.8 shots and 3's with 8's. I have also seen the number 1 in the TIRE box with 10's having been shot. The RTV numbers vary with numbers showing as an example .51, .84, 1.48. There does not seem to be any correlation between a certain number and a great shot.

Every thing else with the Noptel Sport Info is very easy to see and understand except these two pieces of information. The TIRE 1, 2, or 3 may now be understandable; 1 not so great and 3 great.

Still trying to understand what the RTV numbers are showing me.

Come see us in the woods.
Jack
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Bear in mind that you can have a good hold, wobble badly during triggering, pop it back in and catch a 10. That doesn't make it good technique, so the relationship is not between a single triggering value number and the shot score, but rather between the hold quality throughout the process and the shot value. That's a more complex relationship. If I have time I'll dig out my manual and see what it says.