Pardini SPE

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
networkguy3

Pardini SPE

Post by networkguy3 »

What is a Pardini SPE in good condition worth? Is it an OK entry-level gun?

I know they lack the recoil reduction system of the SP and have heard that the .32 cal version had some frame cracking issues, but not so much with the .22. Is there anything I should look out for with the SPE? I had been holding out for an SP, but I found an SPE for significantly less money, and was considering it.

Thanks.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Ask yourself why is it being sold for significantlyless money. The electronic modules have been a major PITA for years. Verbum sat sapienta est----"Doc"
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

I believe there is a mechanical version called the SPE, this was the second model after the SP, it does not have the " racing stripes" on the side which are designed to stiffen the frame. The barrel flange is different than the SP. Look at the barrel for throat erosion and the slide for hairline cracks at the corners of the ejection opening. Bolts are no longer available and barrels would have to be custom made.
networkguy3

Pardini SPE

Post by networkguy3 »

Thanks for the info. I found out that the SPE is indeed a predecessor to the SP and actually does have a mechanical trigger. The other thing I found out is the SPE without the barrel weights gave some people fits with the barrel flip it had while doing rapid fire.

It does seem like there was a significant upgrade in the gun from the SPE to the SP with both the barrel weights and a stronger frame, so I can understand why the SPE would sell for significantly less money.