Walther Lp400

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
The Doctor

Walther Lp400

Post by The Doctor »

Hi All

Just wandering if anyone has seen these used in anger yet? I know Walther aren't usually the best at keeping to release dates, but I thought these were due out to the general public a few months ago, or is it just those 'in the know' that have been given the chance to have the first few production ones.

Just interested really to see how they are performing, if at all yet

Lee
jipe

Post by jipe »

Yes it is available for the general public. I have also seen several sold on Egun, some new, some used.

It seems the delivery delay can be relatively big. Do know why, if it is due to too big demand or due to low amount produced ?
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

jipe wrote:Yes it is available for the general public. I have also seen several sold on Egun, some new, some used.

It seems the delivery delay can be relatively big. Do know why, if it is due to too big demand or due to low amount produced ?
Given my past knowledge of Walther's production, I think that much of their efforts go (rightly economically) into the larger orders for police and army weapons, so production capacity for air pistol and rifle is relatively low - I am surprised there are secondhand ones already - is that a telling tale already?

Lee
jipe

Post by jipe »

The Doctor wrote:
jipe wrote:Yes it is available for the general public. I have also seen several sold on Egun, some new, some used.

Given my past knowledge of Walther's production, I think that much of their efforts go (rightly economically) into the larger orders for police and army weapons, so production capacity for air pistol and rifle is relatively low - I am surprised there are secondhand ones already - is that a telling tale already?

Lee
You see almost any model of AP sold used on Egun. Many very little used.

AP are free -> many people buy one and discover that 10m AP is very demanding and require a lot of effort and training to learn really shoot well -> many AP resold very little used.

The Walther LP400 is a new and beautifull pistol, so it attracts buyers.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

I saw one at ISS about 6 weeks ago. It was the first one that had come in. He has/had others on order as well
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The Australian importer is hoping to have all four models at the Melbourne Shot Show next weekend. I also am looking forward to handling this new model, and forming a first impression.
upsdoc

Post by upsdoc »

I just received mine today.
Have not yet had time to try it.

Alex
Attachments
LP400.jpg
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

upsdoc

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:39 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just received mine today.
Have not yet had time to try it.

Alex

Looks great Alex. Did you order the second cylinder separately, as I was informed that they were shipped with only one ?
upsdoc

Post by upsdoc »

Yes. I ordered a spare cylinder.
It only ships with one cylinder.

Alex
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

May i ask how much did the pistol cost along with the additional cylinder.

Kevin
upsdoc

Post by upsdoc »

I paid $1595 for the pistol plus $182 for the extra cylinder.

Alex
bigbird

Post by bigbird »

What made it more difficult was that I knew this was not the first time I had let such a moment pass. When Daniel was five, I took him to the school-bus stop on his first day of kindergarten. I felt tiffany silver jewelry,Gucci Clutches,cheap tiffany rings the tension in his hand holding mine as the bus turned the corner. I saw colour flush his cheeks as the bus pulled up. He looked at me-as he did now.