Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight 3.5 MOA Dot mfg where?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Amanda4461

Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight 3.5 MOA Dot mfg where?

Post by Amanda4461 »

Folks,
I have seen a few good reviews of this Reflex sight lately. I assume since it has the "Golden Ring Warranty" that it is made in the USA? Sorry to ask, but I can't stand to send any money to China. Hopefully, someone who owns one can tell me.
Thanks for any info....Amanda4461
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I think there is a good chance that they are made overseas. I have heard that there is only one line of equipment that Leupold still makes in the US, and I don't believe these micro sights are in that line.
There are a lot of good optics made in Asia but that does not necessarily mean China.
"Made in the US" is a relative term. Do you want something completely made in the US or are you satisfied if the final product is assembled here?

I read some reviews on Amazon that suggest that this scope is a less than adequate choice for Bullseye. It also appears to be quite expensive relative to some of the better suited competitors. According to some reviews, it seems to be very difficult to adjust quickly and easily as it does not have "clicks" that tell you how much of an adjustment you have made.
Amanda4461

Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight 3.5 MOA Dot

Post by Amanda4461 »

Isabel,
Sounds like I'll be sticking to another UltraDot Matchdot. I would rather support Japan by far than China, Singapore, India, etc. I would have been greatly surprised had anyone said "Made in the USA", but gladly paid extra for it. Unfortunate that we don't seem to "make" anything anymore, but saving a buck or twenty just means China has taken us under control without firing a shot. Just my pet peeve. If all else fails, the adjustable front sight on my Silhouette pistols will be fine:-)
Thanks....Amanda4461