rightsight

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pmelchman

rightsight

Post by pmelchman »

can anyone shed some light on the RIGHTSIGHT? pro? cons?

Regards,

pmelchman
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Pros, It will show you a really great sight picture.
It has great glass
It is legal in NRA com.

Cons, It is $375 or so.
It can sail in the wind, but it is not so bad if you take the sun shades
off.
It is not legal in International SB.

I have on and love it but I came from a 18mm sight and have not gotten a 22mm one to test against. I made my own mount to get it as low and light as possible. even though it does not weigh that much. I have been told if you get the right glass in the 22mm sight it call be very good and might me my next move.

Image[/img]

Post by Guest »

Will need a higher position for the rear sight due to the larger tube diameter even with a lower front sight mount.

For me, the larger tube also fills up too much of the rear sight picture such that I get too little or no light around the front sight tube.

Can be ordered with a front aperture that has a wide diameter setting so can be used with magnification AND a front sight extension comfortably.

Dennis
willymakit

The Cats arse

Post by willymakit »

I use it on my 2007/500mm, attached to a Uptagrafft 12" tuner/tube=sight radius 37". My old eyes like the .5 diopter lens with the 2.9-4.9 iris for 100 yd. Mini Palma. I use a Warner in the rear w/Gehmann 510(.5-3.0) I also use a Knoblock shooting glass with .25 or .50 depending on the daylight. My setup has the Warner on .750 riser, you can order the RightSight w/ 3 "stem" heights, the middle one works for me. Wayne at RightSight suggested the clamp on "Jumbo Base" mount (clamps to tube) and I'm very pleased.
willy
Beau

Post by Beau »

Emil Praslik credits the Rightsight, among other things, with helping his team turn in several 797 aggs in Highpower and also a team match record.