Becoming a better coach - making better shooters

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Will Lennon

Becoming a better coach - making better shooters

Post by Will Lennon »

After some research I found the following books/DVDs for improved coaching and improved shooter. They are from Lanny Bassham. Has anyone used them? Are they worth the cost? Can you recommend other resources?

I am coaching sporter level shooters at a Marine Corps JROTC program, I have young shooters and most seem to have plateaued. I am looking for ideas to improve myself as a coach and more importantly to improve my shooters.

With Winning in Mind, Bassham (book $12.95)
Performance Coaching, Bassham (4 CD, audio program, $75.00)
Mental Management Seminar, Bassham (4 DVD, video/audio, $150.00)
Mastering the Mental Game for High School and Collegiate Performers, Bassham (2 DVD, video, $75.00)

Any input on the above or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Will
22long64

books

Post by 22long64 »

With Winning in Mind is a good tool for coach and athlete. I would recomend it and think it is well worth the money.

4-H coach
randy1952

Re: Becoming a better coach - making better shooters

Post by randy1952 »

Will Lennon wrote:After some research I found the following books/DVDs for improved coaching and improved shooter. They are from Lanny Bassham. Has anyone used them? Are they worth the cost? Can you recommend other resources?

I am coaching sporter level shooters at a Marine Corps JROTC program, I have young shooters and most seem to have plateaued. I am looking for ideas to improve myself as a coach and more importantly to improve my shooters.

With Winning in Mind, Bassham (book $12.95)
Performance Coaching, Bassham (4 CD, audio program, $75.00)
Mental Management Seminar, Bassham (4 DVD, video/audio, $150.00)
Mastering the Mental Game for High School and Collegiate Performers, Bassham (2 DVD, video, $75.00)

Any input on the above or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Will

Where is your program located? Their might be somebody that is close that I would know that could help you.
Will Lennon

Post by Will Lennon »

Snohomish, WA.

Thanks
Will
kbookmyer

books

Post by kbookmyer »

When our club was headed for BB Nationals I got them "Rifle Steps to Success" by Launi Meili (Air Force Academy Coach) Several of the kids thought it helped them. She covers the whole range from meals to equipment the whole soup to nuts as it were at a level that I think it very good for junior shooters.
I bought mine off Amazon for what I thought was a very good price

ken
RobStubbs

Re: books

Post by RobStubbs »

22long64 wrote:With Winning in Mind is a good tool for coach and athlete. I would recomend it and think it is well worth the money.

4-H coach
Yep totally agree.

Rob.
AK Pistol

Post by AK Pistol »

I have used both With Winning in Mind and Performance Coaching. My nmext purchase will be from Lanny, his infromation is quite good.
AK Pistol

Post by AK Pistol »

Wow I just read my post, I guess I need to preview! Sorry for all the spelling errors and typos.