Sius new generation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Guest2011

Sius new generation

Post by Guest2011 »

Hi ,

Know anyone price for new laserscore from Sius?

Thanks for comment
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I know they planned to release it in April but have they actually done so yet.

I might be wrong but I think you will probably have to ask Sius for the price, but don't expect an answer before Tuesday.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Guest2011

Post by Guest2011 »

Thanks a lot.
I asked, but not answered yet!
The system from Disag is Optoscore(it used High speed infrared camera) and the other one have old technologies!

I looking the price for new LASERscore(use 3 laser inside the target instead microphone ) system from Sius!
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i believe opticscore and laserscore are very similar as they both use some form of ir illumination and a high speed line sensor to get the images. they just name it a bit differently. the cost of the optic score would be an indication of the cost of the sius system. you could email sius for total cost. also the only real advantage for optic targets are almost zero costs for target, target strips and so on ....

Post by Guest »

very similar to the new sius, but cheaper

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyton_Elektronik
Bob21

Post by Bob21 »

So in the Meyton system there is no need for a paper record (to mark the bullet acoustically?) This would result in significant savings over the long run over the alternatives. I'm thinking for a home range in the basement. Is there still a paper trail for competition level, or is it taken as given for it's accuracy?
really

Post by really »

Anonymous wrote:very similar to the new sius, but cheaper

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyton_Elektronik

I have used most of the systems mentioned here except Sius Laserscore.

Meyton has been around for quite a while and has some problems with surrounding light. If you make a permanent installation you must ensure there is little light in the area behind the target.

Megalink is a simple to use, quite reliable system, but if Sius new target delivers reliable results in normal light, the technology will be outdated. It is however considered to be much better than Mayton since it is easy to move around and use for various applications.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

really wrote:Meyton has been around for quite a while and has some problems with surrounding light. If you make a permanent installation you must ensure there is little light in the area behind the target.

Megalink is a simple to use, quite reliable system, but if Sius new target delivers reliable results in normal light, the technology will be outdated. It is however considered to be much better than Mayton since it is easy to move around and use for various applications.
I had a quick look at the Laserscore in Munich.

There won't be any problem with ambient light because the infra-red "lasers" are in their own compartment.

Unfortunately the size of the unit at 440 x 460 x 70 is much larger than the normal 10m box. It will only do 10m (Pistol & Rifle) and 50m Rifle.

When required, they have an accessory paper roll mechanism which fixes on (somehow).
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

I did look for pricing on these systems last year, and according to Megalink rep in the US their system should have a total cost close to USD 2700, the "regular" SIUS for 10 meters was like USD 5000, so I wonder what is the cost of the new laser system ?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

There is Sius's list price and then there is the price they actually sell them for. They have become far more competively priced in the last little while as competition has mounted. The only why to find out what they really will charge you is to get them to quote on your needs (the number of units and whatever else you need) while your at it get the others to quote as well, because most will match the others quotes. It has become very cut throat as of late and hopefully this will mean better prices for us all.
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

What would the competitive price for those units? Meyton vs. Megalink vs. Sius.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Seamaster wrote:What would the competitive price for those units? Meyton vs. Megalink vs. Sius.
As Richard suggested, you need to ask the manufacturers. 3 emails and you should have exact answers.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

If you do send emails be patient as it's still summer in Europe and many are on vacation.
shotresponse

Sius Target Systems

Post by shotresponse »

We were just referred to this site today, I thought that I would let you know that ShotResponse located in Columbia, South Carolina is now the exclusive provider of Sius products in the USA for all non-military applications. Visit our website at www.shotresponse.com.

As this is a new product line, we are in the process of building stock and gettting pricing in place. In addition to the competitive air products, we have partnered with the NRA and designing custom systems for NRA events to come.

If you would like information, click on the contact links and we will follow up with you.

Also, we "played" with the LaserScore last month in Switzerland, and it is amazing. We should be getting stock soon. Europe is buying them faster than they can manufacture.
David Levene

Re: Sius Target Systems

Post by David Levene »

shotresponse wrote:Also, we "played" with the LaserScore last month in Switzerland, and it is amazing.
In what respect was it "amazing" when compared to the S10-LON or S25/50-LON.
coach824

BB Guning

Post by coach824 »

David Levene wrote:I know they planned to release it in April but have they actually done so yet.

I might be wrong but I think you will probably have to ask Sius for the price, but don't expect an answer before Tuesday.
Thought yu took up BB gunning David?
David Levene

Re: BB Guning

Post by David Levene »

coach824 wrote:
David Levene wrote:I know they planned to release it in April but have they actually done so yet.

Thought yu took up BB gunning David?
Sorry, I don't understand the meaning or relevance of the question.
jannypan

Post by jannypan »

I know they planned to release it in April but have they actually done so yet.Tiffany Jewelry
Gucci Shoulder Bags
Gucci Sling Bags