Spotting scopes for shooting box ?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Kirmdog

Spotting scopes for shooting box ?

Post by Kirmdog »

I'm looking to replace my big, old and heavy Redfield spotting scope that barely fits in my shooting box. Any suggestions for a spotting scope that would give me a clear image out to 50 yards and fit my needs better for Bullseye that what I have now ?
BPBrinson

NG 20x33

Post by BPBrinson »

http://www.pilkguns.com/scopes.shtml This one is excellent, and tiny. It has rattled around in nothing more than a Crown whiskey bag for a couple of years and used only on the long line (free pistol).

Brooks
marvelshooter

Champions Choice CC541

Post by marvelshooter »

I just bought one of these and I like it a lot.
Dan
Guest Twenty

NG Scope

Post by Guest Twenty »

These NG scopes are very good. The only problem I have with mine is........... If you shoot in poor light conditions the small lens just cannot gather much light. The NG scope shown in the link does have a bigger brother.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

+1 on NG - I have a 20x33

BTW does anyone know where to get a mount adapter for these?
My pistol box has scope arm w/ a slotted track. I don't need the entire assembly, just the piece that screws into the base of the scope.
Fred.Mannis

Post by Fred.Mannis »

solomon grundy wrote:+1 on NG - I have a 20x33

BTW does anyone know where to get a mount adapter for these?
My pistol box has scope arm w/ a slotted track. I don't need the entire assembly, just the piece that screws into the base of the scope.
My NG came with a reducing adapter that takes a 1/4"-20 screw. The slotted arm will accept a 1/4"-20 screw. If you don't have one, try a local camera store.
Dick

Post by Dick »

Larry Carter sells various parts for the standard Gil Hebard scope mount.
www.larrysguns.com
tenex

Post by tenex »

I have a Burris 20X50:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... 0023300127

It works pretty good, but it could have a little more eye relief. I got it on sale for around $50 or so. It's very short, and fit's in my air pistol box very nicely.

Steve.
prohjac

Where do you get those pistol boxes?

Post by prohjac »

I have just got into indoor 50 ft pistol shooting in a league and everyone has a box as you guys mentioned to attach their spotting scopes, my questions is where do you get one of those boxes?

Hal
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

prohjac;

I got my shooting box from of all places a store named "The Shooters Box"

you can look at them at www.theshootersbox.com look under stroage case and then GunHo

Tenex;

I just ordered the Burris 10X50 from Mid South. I looked at some compact Burris yesterday at Cabela's and while they only had the variable power compacts the quality looks real good. MS had the best price I could find and they look like what I was looking for. Thanks for the info! I can't wait to get my old heavy Redfield out of my box and lighten it up with this Burris.
tenex

Post by tenex »

I have a few boxes similar to this:

http://www.casesgalore.com/pvctoolcase1.aspx

I got them from Lowes for around $20, I shoot mostly .22 bullseye & air pistol and I have a case set up for each. One of the reasons I like the Burris scope is because it fits nicely in a corner of the box.

This is a nice light package to carry.

Steve.
Dick

Post by Dick »

Steve at The Shooters Box is a great resource. You can also find the standard Gun Ho boxes, along with some alternatives, at Champions Choice (www. champchoice.com), a place that all target shooters should become familiar with.
gilman

here is NG20x33

Post by gilman »

please send a mail to hioptic@hotmail.com,hioptic@gmail.com,
for NG20x33, 30x50, 40x60, 60x70,
Finprof

Box and scope

Post by Finprof »

On the Burris 20x50:
I got one three years ago with a Vanguard tripod for $69.00 from Natchez. It is good, but has limited eye releif.
The NG is better. I just got an NG, but they are $250. The Burris is a better deal.

The Gun-Ho boxes are apparently, out of business. Shooters Box has been advertising them as "sold out" for about 2 years on their website.
networkguy3

Konus Handy 18

Post by networkguy3 »

Has anyone tried one of the Konus Handy-18 spotting scopes? They seem to be both small and inexpensive. They are only 18 power but for 50 yards, that should be OK.

Here is a link:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/konus-konuspot-7130.html