Perfect Single Shot Development ™

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Doc226

Re: 575 in AP is not an ART!

Post by Doc226 »

Russ wrote:Few individuals did it under my supervision here in US. It is working model, and I’m very conservative about 570 also, real potential is much more attractive.;)
Pardon the pun-but this is where the money is.

Plastic surgeons start off with "insurance" and reconstructive work then after word of mouth gets out and people see Results they can charge more.

I think the same applies to you. You need to prove to people by getting people to improve that your method works.

I personally would pay 200 plus to consistently shoot above 575 in AP. am I going to pay to someone I don't know can deliver-NO. I need to see you have taken other shooter that were at my level and then helped them shoot at the levels you are claiming and then you can sign me up ;)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:That way you're upfront putting your money where your mouth is and almost guaranteeing a desireable outcome / product 'or your money back'.
That wouldn't work Rob. There is a big difference between receiving coaching/advice/mentoring/etc and being prepared to do the work to get the most benefit.

<snip>.
I agree, but Russ makes no mention of that fact, and after all his method works in <I quote> months.
Russ wrote:I’m offering tool for leveraging and opportunity to perform on the constant base 570 in AP or over.
There are some conditions: participant must have willingness to achieve desired level of performance.
Not only tell me about it but actually do this.
I did it for 17 years. Few individuals did it under my supervision here in US. It is working model, and I’m very conservative about 570 also, real potential is much more attractive.
Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:I agree, but Russ makes no mention of that fact, and after all his method works in <I quote> months.
He does actually.
Russ wrote:There are some conditions: participant must have willingness to achieve desired level of performance.
Not only tell me about it but actually do this.
Russ

I can’t depend of word of mouth.

Post by Russ »

There is no necessity to openly expose the source of information of where or how someone learned his way to climb up to a certain level of performance. Someone made his decision earlier and he needs to feel safe in his current level of performance.
This is why I can’t depend of word of mouth.
I know the rules of this game. :) This is why I have to charge a considerable amount up front. :(
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc226

Video?

Post by Doc226 »

Is your system something that can be made into a video and sold? I don't know enough about coaching shooters to decide. Does the coach/teacher need to see what the shooter is doing wrong to be able correct t?

Just thinking aloud. I would be interested in a video if available.
Russ

most important part is

Post by Russ »

I thought about a video. It is can be done as well.
But the most important part is to find the real cause of someone’s "unperformed assets" :), and this is the most time consuming part.
In reality, all depends on available time, sources, and a desired level of performance.
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

"need to see what the shooter is doing wrong to be able correct t?"
I have to see,
I have to talk with my client.
I have to provide the correct set of knowledge toward a NEW working model.
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
david alaways

clients

Post by david alaways »

I have stated before that if I wasnt in Ca. I would go to Russ classes. But I dont see another 20 or even 10 shooters in the US that will shoot 570 oe better on a regular basis.( unless all they did was shoot). EXAMPLE The US Army markmanship unit , they must run thousands through that and how many shoot 570 or better on a regular basis? Maybe 3 and thats over MANY years with the best facilites and coach in the nation.Another example, USA shooting has maybe 3 shooters that live on site that can do that. If Russ could develop 5 shooters that shot 570 or better on a regular basis he would become a legend. I feel the numbers r to low to make a business out of it ,but a good hobby and maybe a few extra bucks can be satisfying. Some will disagree but " Most shooters will never be able to shot 570 and better" Example High school sports (all sports) Millions trying to be in the top of their sports, Training like crazy, everyday, how many become a Aaron Rodgers ? a Willie mays ? " NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRAIN I WILL NEVER THROW A BASEBALL OVER 85 MPH, NO MATTER HOW GREAT MY COACH IS'.... I suggest Russ you focus onwhat my son now does , He teaches one kid at a time the basics, Kids that just want to playball and play it a little better. The major league dream is never far away but it is NEVER Guaranteed. Lots of parents that want to see their kids excel in some sport and r willing to pay to see it happen. Lots of kids that do not run , jump,catch or throw well that still want to compete...........Just my opinion...David.
Russ

done it year ago

Post by Russ »

So what is the real value of the new set of knowledge and product support of three months if we assume that someone over 50 years old has done it a year ago? :)

We can repeat this process at any place on the Earth and any country!

What I need is a motivated person, who will follow my directions to support his dream!

Any weird suggested pricing ideas are welcomed. ;)

Let’s make one more assumption: we did not touch any advance level related information due to the following statement. If someone came to me with a score performance level of 520-540, this information will not be well digested, like a full bucket of black caviar and one spoon that is perfect at one time, :) but one bucket can make you sick even if you paid thousands of dollars for it. :(
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

"Lots of parents that want to see their kids excel in some sport and r willing to pay to see it happen"
This is a good idea David, I like it!
Thank you.
Russ
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dogg

Re: done it year ago

Post by Red Dogg »

Russ wrote:So what is the real value of the new set of knowledge and product support of three month . . . :(

Sir ......exactly what "product" are you selling? So far all you have offered to sell is your questionable "knowledge" which is NOT a product . . . . it is a questionable "service"

Do you have a website where this information can be obtained?

Do you have any personal references who can attest to the abilities you claim to possess and now wish to sell?

Perhaps you could give away your product to create a group of believers who could then promote your product/service?
Russ

I have done it before. :(

Post by Russ »

Can I avoid discussing the self promotion topic? I have done it before. :(
By the way, can you tell us more about unquestionable "knowledge"? ;)

If you are talking about formal education, I have done it too: BS in physical education and 262 evaluated credit hours good enough for a PHD. Personal performance has been already accomplished. The successful performance training ratio is 100% of client satisfaction. I’m just curious what else can be done by your unquestionable "knowledge"? ;)

P.S.
The main point of education is doing something with it, not only to repeat what you read in those books over all those years of formal education. Did I answer your tricky question my friend? ;)
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
v76

Re: done it year ago

Post by v76 »

Red Dogg wrote:Perhaps you could give away your product to create a group of believers who could then promote your product/service?
That's the way of the 21st century. Create a youtube channel, make videos (now cheaper than ever!), distribute the fundamentals free - you're not losing anything this way, the fundamentals are already out there in free PDFs, etc... rehaul the website to incorporate these... participate in events, volunteer with cadets/juniors in exchange for exposure, give live updates, etc... your audience is getting younger, a lot more critical and is used to free information - they pay after seeing if it's really worth it. Explain very well what the plus value is... etc...
Russ

Post by Russ »

Thank you v76.
This is a great idea also!
Russ
Last edited by Russ on Tue May 10, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
william

Post by william »

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert in the field. I do think, however, that there is a tremendous difference between an instructor and a coach.

Years ago I watched an instructional video by Allan Fulford on bullseye shooting. It was loaded with all kinds of useful stuff. The problem was that if you weren't following the directions the video could do nothing to analyze your mistakes and set you back on track.

A coach, at least a good coach, is available to do just that, correcting and redirecting even when the student might not realize he's going astray. A good coach will take into account his student's learning style and accommodate to it. Finally, a good coach will know where the student is on his trajectory and will set or reset the pace in order to maintain progress.

There are a LOT of instructors out there, but there are far fewer coaches and only a fraction of them are really good.

Long story short - Russ, if you are a good coach (and I believe you probably are), don't let these critics persuade you that you have to give away what you have worked to achieve. In the long run I suspect your biggest problems are two:
1. There are so few Americans who have the motivation to become world class air and free pistol shooters, and
2. Americans are often penny-wise and pound-foolish (if you are Russian please substitute kopeck-wise and ruble-foolish), willing to spend huge money on the unimportant and scrimping on what's necessary.
Russ

Thank you all.

Post by Russ »

So far I’m happy with the progress achieved at this topic and the positive attitude of all participants. I learn a few interesting ideas of how to improve my “business model”. I think the main point of my future development will be to show that help is available for aspired athletes who follow their dream to achieve a certain level of performance in Olympic Pistol, and 570 in AP is a possible level.
I appreciate the help from all participants!
I’m not the only one who can help. There are a lot of other possibilities for anyone to succeed.
Thank you.
Red Dogg

Re: I have done it before. :(

Post by Red Dogg »

Russ wrote:Can I avoid discussing the self promotion topic?

If you are talking about formal education, I have done it too: BS in physical education and 262 evaluated credit hours good enough for a PHD. )
So far self promotion is ALL you have talked about. All hat and no cowboy as we say in the western US.

I have doctorate but it doesnt make me a pistol coach. Your BS doesnt make you one either. The fact you may have significant scoring achievements doesnt make you a pistol coach either. You are not selling your past personal glory....you are attempting to sell your ability as an educator and so far you have provided nothing to substantiate your value.

Owning a piano does not make you a pianist. (famous Russian saying)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Dear Red Dogg what is the real reason of your 3 posts?
Owning a piano does not make you a pianist. (famous Russian saying):)
"Owning a Steyr lp10 does not make you an Olympic Pistol athlete." (Second famous Russian-American saying) ;)

What are you angry about?
Can we help you here?:) PM sent.
I can repeat this process with 10 individuals this summer, who are not afraid to perform AP at a 570 level.
Would you like to participate?
Sincerely
Ruslan Dyatlov

Some more information for you to read.
P.S.
http://midwestshootingacademy.com/testimonials.shtml

Free valuable info for you too, :) if you like FREE stuff :)
http://midwestshootingacademy.com/articles.shtml
Last edited by Russ on Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Red Dogg

Post by Red Dogg »

Russ I am not the least bit angry and to your credit, I will have to admit that despite quite a bit of baiting by me, you refuse to get angry as well.

Your original post asked for suggestions as to pricing. The responses provided suggest you first need to prove yourself capable of earning the trust you expect. So far, I have seen nothing persuasive. My suggestion - get yourself to MIT and VOLUNTEER your time as pistol coach and then provide us with the names of each student you claim is able to shoot 570+ as a direct result of your efforts.

Then, I can better answer your question of whether I would travel all the way to Michigan to obtain the cure for shooting 550-565.

By the way, your English is far superior to my Russian - my hat is off to you for your courage to communicate in a second language. I still believe though this may prove to be problematic for youy in a teaching environment.
Russ

Do not sacrifice your dream!

Post by Russ »

Thank you for your suggestion. With all my respect to MIT, I’m far away from volunteering at this time (I have a few bills to pay).
As far as I know, I have one student from the USA who also has a PHD in math, and this person is still happy with his accomplishments after my class. :)

I can wait a few more years and take the full advantage of Internet search engines and my chance to sell it worldwide.

Maybe my class can help someone from Trinidad and Tobago who wants to make his dream come true to achieve the highest performance in ISSF and to make his national banner rise above other nations. We all here to help others, aren’t we? ;)

As far as we are all informed at TT about India, the Indian government pays good money for top ISSF athletes.
Why do I have to kill my dream to become a coach of the next Olympic Champion? :)

Achieving my dream is valuable as someone else's dream to become an Olympic ISSF Champion! It is a win-win environment.
I did not cross the Atlantic Ocean only to provide basic instructions for Olympic pistol purchasers. ;)
I have my dream too!
What is your real dream? :)

Say it out loud and write it down! At the same moment, you will understand what to do next, where to go, and how to spend your most valuable asset: TIME!
Do not sacrifice your dream!
My best wishes!

Sincerely.
Ruslan Dyatlov, owner.
Midwest Academy Consulting Group
Last edited by Russ on Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.