FWB 700 Alu Cleaning Supplies

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

D A Higgins

FWB 700 Alu Cleaning Supplies

Post by D A Higgins »

Hi, i've just started shooting precision air rifle, i have a FWB 700 Alu, and i was wondering what i need to buy as far as cleaning supplies are concerned.

Thanks
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

A silicone gun cleaning cloth and a box of felt cleaning pellets.
Check the hand book for their recommendations on gun care.

JSB
ZD

Cleaning an air gun

Post by ZD »

I have a much different method of cleaning my airgun. A coach told me that those felt pellets were worthless, and I tend to agree. I believe that putting a little felt pellet the same diameter as an actual pellet does not pick up very much lead. I was recommended to take a thick piece of fishing wire (kinda like a think plastic) and attach a patch to it and run it through the barrel with solvent on it. While I am sure there are creative methods for attaching the patch, I simply tie the patch down with a knot. Run a couple wet patches (.177 calibar or you can cut a .22 patch down) and a couple dry ones through the barrel. In essence, it is really sortive a homemade bore snake. You won't need to do this often.
I would agree with the silicone cloth for lubricating and wiping down the barrel with silicone spary. Also, I have an Anschutz 2002, and I put a little grease along the sides and top of the action, so that it is much easier to open and close the loading port.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

yes use a pull through. I do not like using the felt pellets as i do not think they work as well, i mainly use a pull through setup for my air rifle and have never had problems. If you are a new shooter you may not notice a difference in grouping but as you progress i have a feeling you will notice some difference. And use a good quality pellet, i found vogels to work the best in my FWB 700.
B&S

Post by B&S »

I'm with laxratnd. The plastic fishing line doubled up and pushed through and a patch put in the eye and drawn back. My 700 FWB likes Vogal also but only one size 4.49. I have tried all the other sizes and brands and it is the only one goes in one hole.
jennyj

Post by jennyj »

anyone know what type of oil or chemical use for cleaning it
tonyv138

Post by tonyv138 »

i have the same question, FWB 700 barrel lube and cleaning - what to use?
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Some will tell you that you don't need to use anything other than a patch and a pull through. I like that and from time to time I'll use a brush on it. I also really like TSI301 Lubricant. You can get it from pilkguna:
http://www.pilkguns.com/rifleaccessories.shtml
peterz

Post by peterz »

Despite Steyr's suggestion to use just felt pellets, would the patch and solvent work for an LP-10, once or twice a year?
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

I would clean it whenever you start to notice a drop in accuracy, or about every tin or two of pellets. I'm pretty OCD about mine and clean it every tin or after a bad day of shooting.