RWS R-10 in 4.49

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Forrest C.

RWS R-10 in 4.49

Post by Forrest C. »

Does anyone know where I can find these pellets in the US? All the websites I've found only sell them in 4.50. The test target for my LP1 was shot with 4.49 and I just can't pass over the chance of squeezing more accuracy out of my pistol.
jipe

Re: RWS R-10 in 4.49

Post by jipe »

Forrest C. wrote:Does anyone know where I can find these pellets in the US? All the websites I've found only sell them in 4.50. The test target for my LP1 was shot with 4.49 and I just can't pass over the chance of squeezing more accuracy out of my pistol.
All Steyr pistol tests are done with 4.49 pellets, this doesn't mean that 4.49 nor RWS R10 is what will provide the best accuracy for your pistol.

If you do not find RWS R10 in 4.49 (which one by the way, pistol or rifle ?), could could may be find Vogel or H&N in 4.49 ?
Gwhite

Re: RWS R-10 in 4.49

Post by Gwhite »

jipe wrote:If you do not find RWS R10 in 4.49 (which one by the way, pistol or rifle ?), could could may be find Vogel or H&N in 4.49 ?
You can buy Vogels in 4.49 from our host:

http://www.pilkguns.com/pellets.shtml

Not sure they are actually in stock, but they certainly have had them in the past. I'm pretty sure that's the size I got the last time I bought pellets.
PFribley

rws

Post by PFribley »

Try Champions Shooters Supply
Rover

Post by Rover »

My LP1 was tested with 4.51 pellets and it doesn't mean a damned thing. The pellets they used are unobtainable by you (or anyone). They pick whatever (H&N) pellet is in front of them and if it shoots a good group they ship it. If not, they try another.

You are wasting your efforts chasing that idea.

There are many pellet tests available in the archives so you can see what's going on. A couple of them are under my "handle".

Any pursuit of enhanced accuracy except by personal testing is futile. I'm not sure it matters anyway.
Forrest C.

Post by Forrest C. »

I'm currently using H&N in 4.49 and they are working great, but I figured it couldn't hurt to test another pellet. I've been trying match the test target's one hole group and have not been able to achieve that with any of the pellets I own. I've gotten close with H&N, but it's not quite there.
cmj

Post by cmj »

The US importer for RWS will only import the 4.50 pellet. They still make all sizes and are available from a European source .
Forrest C.

Post by Forrest C. »

Thanks cmj, you saved me a lot of time.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You may be able to order them from Canada. They get a lot of European stuff that the U.S. doesn't.

www.targets.ca may be able to help you out.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Forrest C. wrote:I'm currently using H&N in 4.49 and they are working great, but I figured it couldn't hurt to test another pellet. I've been trying match the test target's one hole group and have not been able to achieve that with any of the pellets I own. I've gotten close with H&N, but it's not quite there.
What type/weight of H&N are you using, final match pistol or rifle ?

Usually, PCP pistols including the LP1 likes heavy rifle weight = 0.53, 0.54g pellets and not that much pistol 0.45g, 0.49g or 0.50g pellets that where made for the less powerful SSP pistols.
antispar

Post by antispar »

Two weeks ago I picked up my LP10 from Steyr factory (I was in vicinity). Before they handed out the pistol to me the gunsmith wanted to check the muzzle speed. He used some cheap, light Czech pellets in 4.5 mm size, with “plinking” label on it. The muzzle speed was 162 m/s and he reduced it to 160. On question isn’t the speed should be around 155 m/s, he replied that is correct but only with heavier pellets which I will probably use in the future (and he was right). However, on the shelf behind the shooting line (only three of them) were literally tons of various match grade RWS and other pellets. I guess they use those cheap, light pellets as a cost saving measure, because they know the actual difference in performance between pellets. By the way, the grouping was rather big with those light Czech ones but on the proofing paper the group was one-pellet size with barely visible markings on three sides of the ring where other pellets struck the paper. The diameter of the proofing pellets was states as 4.49 mm.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I should have thought of this right away...

Top Gun Air Guns Inc
8442 E Hackamore Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
(480) 513-3778

This guy sells the really excellent JSB pellets. I think they are available in different sizes. Very helpful, he even delivered my order to my door in person.

BTW Did you note the LP1 manual stating that when accuracy testing you support the gun by the trigger guard and shoot no more frequently than once every 30 seconds.