Pardini SP 2RF misfires

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
overdias

Pardini SP 2RF misfires

Post by overdias »

Good evening

My New Pardini SP2RF misfires every 5 or10 rounds. It is almost brand new.
When i pull the electronic trigger ( in the middle of a match) instead of getting the hammer dropping sound(and the BANG) i get the light click of the electro trigger

It has never happened during the first shot. It happens at shots 2-5 of the magazine.
In the beginning i thought it was a light strike misfire , but after a week of misfires i realized that the gun is actually not cocked during the course of fire... its not easy to realize this during competitive shooting.

Any ideas ?????
Thank you
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Have you tried different ammunition?
j-team

Post by j-team »

If David's suggestion doesn't work, take it back to the dealer, don't try fixing it yourself. It's a new pistol so the dealer should be responsible for fixing it.
overdias

Pardini SP1 RF misfires

Post by overdias »

Good morning J & David,

MY PISTOL MODEL IS PARDINI SP1 RF

I must add two more notes:
After having insert the magazine, and having fired the first shot or maybe the second shot, when i pull the trigger for the third(forth etc )time the pistol does not fire BECAUSE it is not cocked! (not because it doesn strike the round hard enough).(you can tell by the difference between the two sounds)

What is interesting about this is that it has cycled NORMALLY. (it has ejected the previously fired case, it has PERFECTLY inserted the next live round in the chamber, but when you pull the trigger, there is no hammer dropping!!!!!!

I have to add that this was happening from the beginning once every 50 rounds. But now, after 1000 rounds, it happens almost 1 out of five...

Of course i have tried different ammo (Top match quality only, Lapua, Eley)

I keep wondering if a certain kind of trigger setup can cause the hammer to drop while the pistol is not fully into battery (lets say half an inch before the new live round is fully inserted in the chamber).
note: After 1000 rounds i have experieced only one doublefire...

If the above proves not the case, there is a problem with hammer-sear-(maybe trigger) group.

No one else has ever experienced such a problem with his Pardini SP1 RF??
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Most auto hammers can follow forward if badly set up.

If its new get the importer to fix it.
overdias

Post by overdias »

JamesH wrote:Most auto hammers can follow forward if badly set up.

If its new get the importer to fix it.

+1 J
Thank you
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

I think you must check TS and CP screws, after that the PG screw.
overdias

Post by overdias »

buonvento wrote:I think you must check TS and CP screws, after that the PG screw.
Hello Buonvento,

Ts, fixes the overtravel, and I have enough overtravel so i dont think this causes the problem.
Same with Cp.I think it only sets pretravel distance which I also have enough .

There is no PG in electronic models.

Thanks for your time
overdias

Post by overdias »

Details on the take down procedure of the Electronic Pardini sp1???
They are not on the Manual...
Asian Shooter

Post by Asian Shooter »

Your problem was same to my Pardini RF Electronic. It's true that it was caused by uncocked hammer. If you let it be like this for a while, it will later develop to double firing problem.

Like many fellows suggested, your gun was very new. It still should be on the company's warrantee. Send it back to your supplier for fixing it. Do not bother with adjusting trigger procedure, it would not help. (I've tried mine already, It did not work.)

Anyway if you still cannot fix the problem after sending to the supplier, just let me know, I may tell you the way to repair it by yourself which is already worked with my gun.