rapid fire airpistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
yana

rapid fire airpistol

Post by yana »

Bought targetcards for rapidfire AP. Am I correct that you now aim at the bull instead of 6 oclock?
Anyone has usefull tips for this discipline? I new in this..Anyone knows the exact time rules and how to start? 45 degrees?? Number of shots?
I use a Steyr LP5.
David Levene

Re: rapid fire airpistol

Post by David Levene »

yana wrote:Anyone knows the exact time rules and how to start? 45 degrees?? Number of shots?
I presume that you are not talking about the ISSF Air Pistol Standard event which is shot on a single normal Air Pistol target.

There is no other ISSF 5-Shot event shot on paper targets so consequently there are no fixed rules.

At the British Pistol Club we shoot a 10m version of the 25m Rapid Fire match.

BPC 10m Rapid Fire Event:
60 competition shots fired in two half courses with each half course as follows:-
1 sighting series in 8 seconds
2 series in 8 seconds
2 series in 6 seconds
2 series in 4 seconds.
Targets – ISSF Rapid Fire target reduced for 10m.
Sighting targets to be kept separate but all 30 scoring shots of a single half course can be shot on one set of 5 targets but shots should be recorded after each 10 shots.

The commands and general procedure are as used for the 25m match. We allow 500g triggers.
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

Hi,

Im seriously misinformed about the event. Is it only in England that the event is shot? Or is the event shot anywhere else? I could not hear anything about it in ISSF Championships...
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

zarathustra wrote:I could not hear anything about it in ISSF Championships...
You won't, it isn't an ISSF event.

There are only 2 ISSF events for 5-shot air pistols:-

10m Air Pistol Standard - 8 series (6 for Women) of 5 shots in 10 seconds, shot on a single (officially stationary, non-turning) normal 10m Air Pistol target.

10m Air Pistol Five Target - 8 series (6 for Women) of 5 shots in 10 seconds, one shot at each of 5 falling plate target. The targets have a 59.5mm black with a 30mm aperture (hit zone) and are 300mm centre to centre.

These 2 events are covered by ISSF rule (section) 8.20 but have not yet achieved the popularity to require them to be shot in World Championships. They are not Olympic events so will not be shot at World Cups.
Joakim

Post by Joakim »

zarathustra wrote:Is it only in England that the event is shot? Or is the event shot anywhere else?
Five-shot air pistol, in one form or another, is on the national championship programme also in France, Germany, Finland and Sweden -- and probably in several more countries. Germany seems to use the ISSF rules, while France, Finland and Sweden all use various paper targets. See this Krüger category for different kinds, all of which are in national use but none of which are sanctioned by the ISSF.